cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dragon12-Plus2 MC9S12DG256

Jump to solution
davidstaheli
Contributor I

I downloaded the special edition Codewarrior V5.2 and saw that it does not support my micro-controller. I saw that the 5.1 version does but is only available for evaluation. Are any there downloads available that will allow me to use my controller in V5.2, or is the old version available anywhere. I am not going to spend a lot of money to get it. I'm a student and just using it for one semester for an embedded systems class. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi David,

the difference between CW5.1 special edition and evaluation edition is license.dat file.

CW5.1 special edition uses special edition license.dat

CW5.1 evaluation edition uses evaluation edition license.dat.

so if you want to use CW5.1 special edition, you can install CW5.1 evaluation edition from

CodeWarrior Legacy Downloads|NXP

the replace {your CW5.1 install}\license.dat with attached special edition license.dat

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
davidstaheli
Contributor I

Thanks to everyone for the replies. Your suggestions were very helpful.

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello David

Please refer to the link below for how to download CW5.1 for HCS12:

https://community.freescale.com/thread/382638

Hope this helps!

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

In addition to Jennie ...

We've an University Program too.

Don't know if this could be interesting for you:

University Programs|NXP

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi David,

the difference between CW5.1 special edition and evaluation edition is license.dat file.

CW5.1 special edition uses special edition license.dat

CW5.1 evaluation edition uses evaluation edition license.dat.

so if you want to use CW5.1 special edition, you can install CW5.1 evaluation edition from

CodeWarrior Legacy Downloads|NXP

the replace {your CW5.1 install}\license.dat with attached special edition license.dat

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos