imx6 go to idle use WFI instructions,and cpu no response interrupt

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6 go to idle use WFI instructions,and cpu no response interrupt

wdjjwb
Contributor I

We not set CCM_CLPCR,and use 0x79 as the default value. we find sometimes after cpu0 go to idle,the cpu0 no longer response   any another interrupt(inclued serial port interrupt). cpu0 use WFI instructions go to idle.

When we cancel WFI in idle, this problem disappear. we set CCM_CLPCR bit[1:0] to 00,this problem also disappear. we find that "ERR007265 CCM: When improper low-power sequence is used, the SoC enters low power mode before the ARM core executes WFI" in <<Chip Errata for the i.MX 6Dual/6Quad>>, and in imx6_set_lpm() function seem adopt this solution.

I want to know  is my porlem is same with "ERR007265 CCM" ? How to understand  annotation in  imx6_set_lpm() function below:

"... Otherwise, CCM may enter LPM mode by mistake which will cause system bus locked by CPU access not finished, as when CCM enter LPM mode, CPU will stop running."

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, the situation you observe looks like the effect of the ERR007265 erratum.

The annotation you quote means that the SoC can enter a low power mode before the CPU core finished a bus access that causes the system lock without the possibility of recovering other than hardware reset.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos