Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autosar-compliant Multicore on MPC5777M

Jump to solution
littledino2112
Contributor I

Hi guys,

Based on Autosar multicore concept, there need to be one 'master' core booting up first, then the master core will command the slave core(s) to start. From what i understand from the MPC5777M RM, the cores are started by setting the RCHW, which means all the cores are booted up at the same time once the BAF code reads this RCHW during start-up. So my question is How can i apply the concept of Autosar here with the MPC5777M? How can I start one core after startup then decide when to start the other cores if needed?

Regards,

Hoang

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

MPC5777M after reset starts only with peripheral core active (IO core) - core2.

The idea is to give user a space to initialize all safety critical mechanisms (self-tests, measurements, etc..) before main cores with safety tasks are released from reset. User has to start(release from reset) additional cores manually by SW like in my example which Tomas linked.

Your AUTOSAR OS will be running from one of the main cores, core0 or core1. Safety critical application will run from core0 which is lockstepped by core0s.

But it is fully on user how he will use the cores.

Peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
thomasolenik
Contributor III

My understanding is that core2 needs to set the clocks then boots core0 and core1. Take a look at this example:

Example MPC5777M-DPM-PLL-200MHz

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

MPC5777M after reset starts only with peripheral core active (IO core) - core2.

The idea is to give user a space to initialize all safety critical mechanisms (self-tests, measurements, etc..) before main cores with safety tasks are released from reset. User has to start(release from reset) additional cores manually by SW like in my example which Tomas linked.

Your AUTOSAR OS will be running from one of the main cores, core0 or core1. Safety critical application will run from core0 which is lockstepped by core0s.

But it is fully on user how he will use the cores.

Peter

0 Kudos
littledino2112
Contributor I

Thanks Peter and Thomas,

The attached example does answer my question about the multicore bootup process.

Hoang

0 Kudos