Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX 4.0 Vs MQX 4.2 in terms of RTCS

utsavikalpesh
Contributor V

Hello,

I am working with KDS.I am using MQX v4.2

My project is madeup of MQX v4.0.  There are total 17 tasks in my project. One of them is Ethernet Task.

Small Snippet of Ethernet Task is:

_RTCSPCB_init = 4;

_RTCSPCB_grow = 2;

_RTCSPCB_max = 20;//4

_RTCS_msgpool_init = 4; //4

_RTCS_msgpool_grow = 2;

_RTCS_msgpool_max  = 20;

_RTCS_socket_part_init = 4;

_RTCS_socket_part_grow = 2;

_RTCS_socket_part_max  = 20;//4

_RTCSTASK_stacksize = 4000;

error=RTCS_create();

if (error != RTCS_OK)

printf("<----RTCS failllled to initialize error: %d\n", error);

else

printf("TCPIP Created Successfully \n");

When I debug my project I see that Ethernet_Task is stuck at RTCS_Create() and Program reset.

Even RTCS_Create() is not returning error!!!

In RTCS_Create() , program is stucking at

RTCS_data_ptr = RTCS_mem_alloc_system_zero(sizeof(RTCS_DATA));

(Debug pointer is not comming below this and programm reset.)

Rest of the tasks are working Ok, except Ethernet_Task.

With the same code when I load the project using CodeWarrior(with MQX v4.0) everything is working perfectly.

I dont understand why it is stucking in RTCS_Create() in KDS. Even on Building project, there is no compiler error I got.

Can you tell me the difference between MQX4.0 and MQX4.2 in terms of RTCS setting?

Which kind of settings I have to do interms to make my Ethernet_Task works?

Note:  In CodeWarrior v10.6 I am using Code warrior (ARM Freescale) compiler and in KDS I am using KDS compiler not GCC.

So the basic difference for me is CodeWarrior use .lcf file and KDS will use .ld file..Will this create a problem?

One more thing, as compare to  Codewarrior Compiler (ARM Freescale Compiler ), Size of bsp.a , psp.a, rtcs.a etc is significantly more in               KDS...Will this create problem?

Regards,

Utsavi Bharuchwala

0 Kudos
3 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

I think there is no difference between MQX4.0 and MQX4.2 in terms of RTCS setting.

It looks like this is a memory issue. You can check the system memory size in the  .lcf file and the .ld file. Maybe they are different.

You also can check whether RTCS task can work if you disable some other tasks

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

utsavikalpesh
Contributor V

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for reply.

As you suggest I go through both .lcf and .ld file and both have same memory size. I also try to run only single Ethernet_task but it is also not working..

In KDS workspace I import BSP, PSP , MFS and RTCS and build the libraries.

It seems that library size in KDS is very large as compare to codewarrior.

I go through <MQX 4.2 installation path>/lib/twrk60d100m.kds/debug/bsp, psp, rtcs and mfs and check the library size and compare it with codewarrior lib size.

for ex.,

lib          CW                      KDS

bsp.a     2150KB                62,454KB

psp.a     2068KB                58,732KB 

mfs.a     624KB                  17,116KB

rtcs.a     3318KB                93,232KB

There is such a big difference found in KDS and Codewarrior !!

Why size of library in KDS became such a huge? Did I commit any mistake to build the libraries?

I imported one of small demo(without socket programming) of MQX4.0 in KDS that works perfectly. Also RTCS_Create() in  httpsrv demo of MQX 4.2 is working perfectly.

Regards,

Utsavi Bharuchwala

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Utsavi,

please take a look to the attached example and see how main task calls initialize_networking() to init RTCS. You can reuse this code.

FYI:

There are no meaningful changes in RTCS architecture (MQX 4.0 Vs MQX 4.2), however there are many improvements and enhancements. You can find them all here:

http://www.nxp.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/support_info/MQXCHLGUG.pdf?fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=Users%20Guides...

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------