AnsweredAssumed Answered

Processor Expert Files Missing from MQX 4.2.0

Question asked by danieldelatorre on Feb 18, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 4, 2016 by soledad

Ok so I'm in the process of porting over a BSP to a custom board although the old way of doing it no longer works...

I have done this in the past by simply getting a previous process expert file from "mqx\build\<IDE&COMPILER OF CHOICE>\<previous - e.g., twrk60f120 board>\ProcessorExpert.pe and I would then hack that via processor expert for my specific board.  This was pretty straight forward and easy although much has changed...

I have downloaded the latest Kinetis Design Studio (KDS) v3.0.  I have been able to import the twrk60f120 project and run/debug from my linux box which was kind of neat; I think its cool that I can use a free toolchain now, I have exclusively used IAR in the past for my freescale ( oops, I meant to say NXP ) MK6X projects.  So I'm at the point where I just need to get twrk60f120 processor expert file into KDS v3.0 so that I can customize my BSP for MQX 4.2.0 although I'm completely lost now.  I understand that you guys have this "Online SDK" builder although that doesn't support MK60F family.  I was able to create a processor expert project, as seen below, for just the MK60FN1M although I think this means I have to now manually insert all of the settings as opposed to only changing settings that I know are different from the twrk60f board.  It seems that this processor project that I created is not MQX aware, I didn't see anything in the processor expert creation wizard that hinted this was for mqx.

We made minor changes to the clocks so most of everything will remain the same.  Anyways I would really appreciate if anyone can give me some guidance, Thanks!

Hardware - bsp_twrk60f120m-User_Config-user_config.h - Kinetis Design Studio _001.png

Outcomes