cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

verify caam used?

gbiradar
Contributor IV

Hi Guys,

i have implemented libsrtp which uses cryptodev engine with openssl. Some how i'm able to stream video for 10 seconds,

in this forum i read that if any application uses caam then count will be raised for caam in cat /proc/interrupts. But coming to verify whether our application is using caam hardware encryption we pass the command

"cat /proc/interrupts | grep caam" -> blank output.

when i have passed lsmod it show cryptodev being used count is increased from "0" to "1".

My question is how do i  verify caam is being used or not. 

regards,

Ganesh Biradar

0 Kudos
6 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

As I konwn, litb has unit test (imx-test pacakge ) which can test caam module.

0 Kudos

gbiradar
Contributor IV

Hi joanxie

i'm using yocto 1.7 poky, kernel version is 3.14. I used bitbake imx-test -c compile/build -f.

it generated imx-test application but in that i didn't find any binaries to test caam.

one doubt: Are you talking about tcrypt.ko file.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

you also can use SDK which provides executable images, running on the target board like imx6q board

0 Kudos

gbiradar
Contributor IV

Hi joanxie​ i don't have any SDK with me. Project is total on yocto so right now i don't have any thing related to SDK. if you have any binary please share. if not from where i can get?

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You may create request to get SDK CAAM test or the whole SDK package.

1)Please open www.nxp.com
2)On the top level menu, select Support > Sales and Support (http://www.nxp.com/support/sales-and-support:SUPPORTHOME).
3)On the bottom of the page, select Hardware & Software.
4)Register with your business email to access the technical NXP online support.
5)A verification email will be sent to your account. Click the embedded link to verify your access.
6)On the NXP online support page, select Contact Support from the top menu and click “submit a new case” to start the process.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

CAAM test application for iMX6

hope helpful for you.

0 Kudos