Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis Design Studio IDE for Linux fails installation

Jump to solution
lullytroconis
Contributor II

Hi Community.

Someone install KDS IDE on Linux?

I downloaded the Installer Kinetis Design Studio installer for Linux 64-bit DEB 3.0.0 I have Debian 7, but I have troubles with the installation:

# dpkg -i /home/lully/Descargas/Kinetis\ Desing\ Studio\ installer\ for\ Linux\ 64-bit\ DEB\ 3.0.0.deb

(Leyendo la base de datos ... 158354 ficheros o directorios instalados actualmente.)

Preparando para desempaquetar .../Kinetis Desing Studio installer for Linux 64-bit DEB 3.0.0.deb ...

Desempaquetando kinetis-design-studio (3.0.0) ...

dpkg-deb (subproceso): no se puede copiar el miembro del archivo de '/home/lully/Descargas/Kinetis Desing Studio installer for Linux 64-bit DEB 3.0.0.deb' a la tubería de descompresión: fin de fichero o de flujo inesperado

dpkg-deb: error: el subproceso copiado devolvió el código de salida de error 2

dpkg: error al procesar el archivo /home/lully/Descargas/Kinetis Desing Studio installer for Linux 64-bit DEB 3.0.0.deb (--install):

no se pudieron copiar los datos extraídos de 'opt/Freescale/KDS_3.0.0/doc/info/make.info-1' a '/opt/Freescale/KDS_3.0.0/doc/info/make.info-1.dpkg-new': fin de fichero o de flujo inesperado

Se encontraron errores al procesar:

/home/lully/Descargas/Kinetis Desing Studio installer for Linux 64-bit DEB 3.0.0.deb

I followed the installation steps.

I should be grateful if you could help me.

Regards.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lully,

you can find MD5 signature on the NXP web site, see attached picture. It can be used to verify, if the file is downloaded correctly.Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

4 Replies
gabrielrosapaz
Contributor I

Hi Lully.

I installed on my laptop with Ubuntu 14.04 (64-bit) and I had no problems. In fact I had a problem yes, but not in the installation, but when performing the build, I had to install packages and GCC 32bit and some libraries (libs) for 32bit.

Here are some tips that can help you:

1) Does the file was not corrupted in the download?

2) Try copying the file to /opt, access the directory and there to make the installation procedure.

lullytroconis
Contributor II

Hi Gabriel, I dowloaded 3 times the installer, but the error continues, I tried of the second option but nothing yet.

Thak you so much for the answer.

0 Kudos
MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lully,

you can find MD5 signature on the NXP web site, see attached picture. It can be used to verify, if the file is downloaded correctly.Capture.PNG

lullytroconis
Contributor II

Hi Marek and Gabriel, I could install it! :smileyhappy: the download was corrupt. Thank you so much for help me.

0 Kudos