Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does KDS will be stopped?

Jump to solution
aureliengrange
Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I come back to you for getting more information about the Kinetis Design Studio.

I have seen on https://nxp.flexnetoperations.com/control/frse/order?orderKey=169312977 that KDS will expired the 10th November 2016.

Does it mean that a new release is planned or that KDS will be stopped?

Thanks a lot.

Aurélien

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasPaez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aurelien,

My name is Tomas Paez, I manage the SW Licensing Portal and licenses for NXP products. 

Expiration date is a default value added by the system, in this case the default period duration for an enablement SW is one year.

Like mentioned in previous activities, this SW works in perpetual mode, so we do not plan to remove or to discontinue the product.

This date will be extended automatically by the system near expiration date.

Let us know if you have any other question.

Regards.

Tomas Paez  

SW Licensing Admin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
aureliengrange
Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks for the information. I see that the link stop works. Maybe NXP is updating their webSite.

Can someone explain me what "Entitlement Expiration Date" is?

kds_expiration_date.png

0 Kudos
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aurelien,

The entitlement expiration date only applies to customers who bought a CodeWarrior Suite annual subscription, since KDS is free you don't need to worry about it.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

aureliengrange
Contributor II

HI,

I find it strange to specify a precise date to something which is not consistent? (Why putting an expiration date over something that should not expire...). I ask the question due to changes since the fusion between NXP and Freescale.

Does someone else can confirm that (like that I will close this thread)?

Thanks

Aurélien

0 Kudos
TomasPaez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aurelien,

My name is Tomas Paez, I manage the SW Licensing Portal and licenses for NXP products. 

Expiration date is a default value added by the system, in this case the default period duration for an enablement SW is one year.

Like mentioned in previous activities, this SW works in perpetual mode, so we do not plan to remove or to discontinue the product.

This date will be extended automatically by the system near expiration date.

Let us know if you have any other question.

Regards.

Tomas Paez  

SW Licensing Admin

0 Kudos
aureliengrange
Contributor II

Thanks Carlos and Thomas for the confirmation

0 Kudos
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aurélien,

There are no plans to discontinue KDS. Could you post an screenshot of the page where you saw that information? the link provided redirects me to an error message.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aurélian,

I'm not sure what you see (could you post a screenshot?). It should not expire (there is no license enforcement/expiration date or anything like this: it is prepetual).

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos