10.6.4 update problems

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10.6.4 update problems

unclemike
Contributor III

I recently installed CD for MCU 10.6.4 (offline version).  When I started it, there was a message saying updates were available.  When I tried to install the updates, I got this message (after a while).

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed

session context was:(profile=PlatformProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).

Problems downloading artifact: binary,com.freescale.kinetis.architecture_root,1.0.7.

File has invalid content:C:\Users\michael\AppData\Local\Temp\signatureFile3352899541267991302.jar

Out of memory: Cannot verify signed content.

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Unable to read repository at http://freescale.com/lgfiles/updates/Eclipse/MCU10_6_4/com.freescale.mcu.updatesite/binary/com.frees....

Read timed out

Has anyone else seen this message?  Any thoughts on what I might do from here?

Thank you

Mike

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

GottiLuca
Contributor IV

Dear Mr. Zhang,

Just selecting "MCU 10.6 Update" ( like shown in your answer ) and then Next doesn't allow me to complete the installation.

This is the full detailed explanation Codewarrior return me ( under "Details" , see also below pic ):

" Your original request has been modified.

"CodeWarrior MQX 4.0.x Plug-ins" is already installed, so an update will be performed instead.

"CodeWarrior MQX 4.0.x Plug-ins for ARM architecture (requires ARM architecture to be installed)" is already installed, so an update will be performed instead.

"CodeWarrior MQX 4.1 Plug-ins" is already installed, so an update will be performed instead.

"CodeWarrior MQX 4.1 Plug-ins for ARM architecture (requires ARM architecture to be installed)" is already installed, so an update will be performed instead.

"CodeWarrior MQX Plug-ins" is already installed, so an update will be performed instead.

The actions required to successfully install the requested software are incompatible with the software to install.

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.

Software currently installed: CodeWarrior MQX 4.0.x Plug-ins for ARM architecture (requires ARM architecture to be installed) 1.4.1.201401301129 (com.freescale.mqx.v4.0.arm.feature.group 1.4.1.201401301129)

Missing requirement: CodeWarrior MQX 4.0.x Plug-ins for ARM architecture (requires ARM architecture to be installed) 1.4.1.201401301129 (com.freescale.mqx.v4.0.arm.feature.group 1.4.1.201401301129) requires 'com.freescale.kinetis.architecture [1.0.0,2.0.0]' but it could not be found "

Where could I find these missing pieces .. ???

Regards,

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

in your screenshot, your CW tried to install MQX 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2, etc plugin separately.

from the message(you highlight in blue) MQX4.0 plugins are already installed. so i suggest you uncheck MQX4.0 plugins. then install MQX4.1 plugins only. see if this can work for you.

if still can't work. i would suggest you uninstall CW10.6.4 then reinstall it, then install  then follow the steps in my first response.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

GottiLuca
Contributor IV

Dear Mr. Zhang,

I've tried all the possible combinations but, at the ned, I finished to uninstall and re-install again CW10.6.4 .

Then I've made the last update "CodeWarrior for MCU v10.6.4 General Update 6" without any problems.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Luca,

good to know your problem got solved.

thanks for sharing your finial solution here.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

GottiLuca
Contributor IV

Hi Erich, I was not referring to the fact to link by web browser to : http://freescale.com/lgfiles/updates/Eclipse/MCU10_6_4/com.freescale.mcu.updatesite .

I'm refferring to the fact that when i add this side in CW10.6.4 I cannot complete said Update .

The reason seems to be the following :

"Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.

Software currently installed: CodeWarrior MQX 4.1 Plug-ins for ARM architecture (requires ARM architecture to be installed) 1.4.1.201408201355 (com.freescale.mqx.v4.1.arm.feature.group 1.4.1.201408201355)

Missing requirement: CodeWarrior MQX 4.1 Plug-ins for ARM architecture (requires ARM architecture to be installed) 1.4.1.201408201355 (com.freescale.mqx.v4.1.arm.feature.group 1.4.1.201408201355) requires 'com.freescale.kinetis.architecture [1.0.0,2.0.0]' but it could not be found"

Any help about this issue ??

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

the error message means your CW need "CodeWarrior MQX 4.1 Plug-ins for ARM architecture" installed.

please on line install it first:

pastedImage_0.png
Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mike,

Please refer to this DOC to update :

CodeWarrior v10.6.4 Update 5 available

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

0 Kudos

unclemike
Contributor III

Hi Alice:

Thank you for your response.

If i try the instructions under

Installing the v10.6.4 Update 5

I get:

The actions required to successfully install the requested software are incompatible with the software to install.

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.

Software currently installed: CodeWarrior MQX 4.1 Plug-ins for ARM architecture (requires ARM architecture to be installed) 1.4.1.201408201355 (com.freescale.mqx.v4.1.arm.feature.group 1.4.1.201408201355)

Missing requirement: CodeWarrior MQX 4.1 Plug-ins for ARM architecture (requires ARM architecture to be installed) 1.4.1.201408201355 (com.freescale.mqx.v4.1.arm.feature.group 1.4.1.201408201355) requires 'com.freescale.kinetis.architecture [1.0.0,2.0.0]' but it could not be found

If i try the link under "Using Eclipse Update Site"

http://freescale.com/lgfiles/updates/Eclipse/MCU10_6_4/com.freescale.mcu.updatesite

I get:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /lgfiles/updates/Eclipse/MCU10_6_4/com.freescale.mcu.updatesite/ on this server.

I have been trying to install just S08 and kinetis support.  Is that a mistake?  Any ideas appreciated.

Thank you for your help

mike

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You cannot click on that link with your web browser, it is  an Eclipse update site, not a HTML web site. So this "Forbidden" message is normal.

Erich

0 Kudos

GottiLuca
Contributor IV

I have the same problem, i cannot update anynore CW 10.6.4 ....

0 Kudos