cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting to new processor

Jump to solution
mike1974
Contributor III

I have a project that compiles and runs fine on the MK22FN1MOVLQ12.  It relies heavily on Processor Expert generated code.  I would like to port it to MK26FN2MOVLQ18.  So far as I can tell, it seems that I will have to create an entirely new project based on the MK26, and manually create each Processor Expert component again, copying (to the extent possible) the component settings from my old project.

This is fairly time consuming, is there perhaps a better way?  I tried opening the old project, and changing the CPU component from MK22 to MK26, but now every PE component in the project has the error "The component is not supported for the selected processor".

--Mike

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mike,

MK22FN1MOVLQ12 project use processor expert ONLY?

while MK26FN2MOVLQ18 can only use KSDK+processor expert, you can find it in KSDK components library:

pastedImage_1.png

because processor expert component doesn't compatible with KSDK processor expert component. so from my understanding for the moment we can't change target from MK22FN1MOVLQ12 to MK26FN2MOVLQ18 directly.

does this answer your question?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mike,

MK22FN1MOVLQ12 project use processor expert ONLY?

while MK26FN2MOVLQ18 can only use KSDK+processor expert, you can find it in KSDK components library:

pastedImage_1.png

because processor expert component doesn't compatible with KSDK processor expert component. so from my understanding for the moment we can't change target from MK22FN1MOVLQ12 to MK26FN2MOVLQ18 directly.

does this answer your question?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
mike1974
Contributor III

Thank you Jennie, yes it does answer my question. 

This new "Processor Expert + KSDK" approach makes it very difficult to port applications created using the old "Processor Expert only" way.  :smileysad: It's really bad to force people to re-create all their components again, and re-write any application code that calls the old PE code.  Are there any plans to address this problem? 

For this reason porting from MK22 -> MK26 would be a nightmare.  So we decided to use MK24FN1MOVLQ12 instead.  It is available in the CPU component list in Processor Expert (the old way).  It was very quick and easy to port, only took about an hour.

0 Kudos