Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

register allocation

Jump to solution
stefanodimasci1
Contributor III

Hello,

I need to be sure that a register won't be used during register allocation in GCC because I need it for some assembly level checks. Does anybody know what kind of directive I have to put in codewarrior?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stefano,

You're using CW for MCU v10.6 for MPC56XX.

Now If I understand correctly you request, you want to reserve a register.

I've found a note  explaining how to do that in the \CW MCU v10.6.4\MCU\Help\PDF\MCU_Power-Architecture_Compiler.pdf manual.

Please have a look pages 258 - 261

14.2 Additional Small Data Sections

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stefano,

Can you please let me know what is the development tool chain you're using and the Processor ?

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
stefanodimasci1
Contributor III

I'm using the deafult GNU toolchain on codewarrior for the MPC5643L.

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stefano,

You're using CW for MCU v10.6 for MPC56XX.

Now If I understand correctly you request, you want to reserve a register.

I've found a note  explaining how to do that in the \CW MCU v10.6.4\MCU\Help\PDF\MCU_Power-Architecture_Compiler.pdf manual.

Please have a look pages 258 - 261

14.2 Additional Small Data Sections

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

0 Kudos