cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create my own IDE

vigneshbalaji
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

I want to create my own IDE without using any vendors IDE or GUI.How to do that?

Labels (1)
9 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There are many ways, and it all depends what you want and need.

One way is described here: Going to Mars: Building a DIY Eclipse IDE for ARM Embedded Microcontrollers | MCU on Eclipse

I hope this helps,

Erich

vigneshbalaji
Senior Contributor I

Hi Erich,

Can I run my project directly on Eclipse instead of using KDS.What are the advantages or disadvantages of it?

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Depends what you mean with 'directly': You can use stock Eclipse, as outlined as well in this series: DIY Free Toolchain for Kinetis: Part 1 – GNU ARM Build Tools | MCU on Eclipse

The advantages are essentially the same as for any other Do-It-Yourself project: either you use/buy something existing (faster, easier), or you do it yourself and get exactly what you want and need, but you have to invest time and efforts into it. It all depends what you want and need. And I think you only will know that advantages and disadvantages for yourself if you have done it. But I think if you read through the above series, you should get a pretty good understanding.

I hope this helps,

Erich

vigneshbalaji
Senior Contributor I

Hi Erich,

I follow your posts MCU on Eclipse.I am unable to find a post which I say yesterday.How to set up an IDE in 10 minutes super fast.In which you have mentioned about Eclipse Kepler and Sumo at the start of your new semester.

Can you please send me the link of it?

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

vigneshbalaji
Senior Contributor I

No Actually This one

DIY Free Toolchain for Kinetis: Part 9 – Express Setup in 8 Steps | MCU on Eclipse

I did the above steps now I am in Step 5 and I want to Install Eclipse but I got an error like this.

Screenshot (35).png

How to Fix this

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I think you have downloaded the 64bit Eclipse, but you are using the 32bit version of Java/VM.

You need either the 32bit of Eclipse, or better use the 64bit of Java.

I hope this helps,

Erich

vigneshbalaji
Senior Contributor I

Hi Erich,

I am changing a CodeWarrior Project into Eclipse one.How to replace the <CWCPlusLib.h> file in arm_end.c ?

0 Kudos

vigneshbalaji
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you you were right.Can you say me based on what messages in the Screenshot you are saying that I am using 32 bit Java.

0 Kudos