Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubles licensing CodeWarrior.

Jump to solution
a_moscat
Contributor I

Hello

My name is Alejandro, and the cause of this question is because I have bought a Basic Suite of Codewarrior software ( a CWA-BASIC-NL license) for the first time and I’m unable to license the product correctly, even using the “The Software Licensing and Support Activation Guide”.

I have followed the next procedure:

-              1. Register my product

-              2. Download the Codewarrior Software CWS12v5.2, because I work with the HCS12XS microcontroller.

-              3. Install the software into my computer

-              4. Generate the lincense.dat file for my computer, as a Node locked.

Here is where I have doubts at the time I have to introduce the host ID field and the Name field.

For the host ID field, I use my system CMD with the command “vol” and I use the number it gives me without the dash character.

For the Name field, I introduce the host Name of my computer (using the command “hostname” in the system CMD), but I’m not sure if this Name is the one it ask me.

-              5. I generate the license.dat file and I introduce it into the path where Codewarrior is installed

-              6. Finally, I try to open the software and an information windows appears telling me that the software it is not licensed.

I’m completely lost, do I have to do something else? Or what am I doing wrong?

Please, I would appreciate so much your help.

Best regards.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alejandro,

You're using CW for HC12 v5.2.

This tool is based on Classic IDE.

Sometimes customers using Classic tool version could have a problem with the IDE and Processor Expert (PEx) keys included in the license file.

This is may be your case.

Else are you sure the right license is really used ?

To check you need to perform a search at all your local HardDisks for license.dat.

Rename them to license.dat_ for instance.

Launch the IDE -< you should get an error saying No license file was found with Error code -1.

The IDE is closed automatically after have closed the message.

Valid the license file you've downloaded.

It should be placed in the main installation folder \CWS12v5.2 for instance.

If you still have the same problem, this means there is an issue with the license file as explained above.

To solve it we need to correct and re-encrypt your license file.

In this case, submit your case into the new system, please follow below steps:

1) Go to http://www.nxp.com/support/sales-and-support:SUPPORTHOME.

2) On the bottom of the page under Submit New Issues, click Hardware & Software.

3) Register with your business email to access NXP technical online support.

4) A verification email will be sent to your account. Click the link embedded in that email to verify your access.

5) On the NXP online support page, select Contact Support from the top menu and click “submit a new case” to start the process.

Regards

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alejandro,

You're using CW for HC12 v5.2.

This tool is based on Classic IDE.

Sometimes customers using Classic tool version could have a problem with the IDE and Processor Expert (PEx) keys included in the license file.

This is may be your case.

Else are you sure the right license is really used ?

To check you need to perform a search at all your local HardDisks for license.dat.

Rename them to license.dat_ for instance.

Launch the IDE -< you should get an error saying No license file was found with Error code -1.

The IDE is closed automatically after have closed the message.

Valid the license file you've downloaded.

It should be placed in the main installation folder \CWS12v5.2 for instance.

If you still have the same problem, this means there is an issue with the license file as explained above.

To solve it we need to correct and re-encrypt your license file.

In this case, submit your case into the new system, please follow below steps:

1) Go to http://www.nxp.com/support/sales-and-support:SUPPORTHOME.

2) On the bottom of the page under Submit New Issues, click Hardware & Software.

3) Register with your business email to access NXP technical online support.

4) A verification email will be sent to your account. Click the link embedded in that email to verify your access.

5) On the NXP online support page, select Contact Support from the top menu and click “submit a new case” to start the process.

Regards

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
a_moscat
Contributor I

Thanks Pascal!!

I'm gonna try it

0 Kudos