Linux kernel 2.6.10 on MCF5485EVB kernel level

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux kernel 2.6.10 on MCF5485EVB kernel level

jkimble
Contributor III

This may sound crazy but how hard is it to integrate a new kernel with the Freescale ltib BSP distribution. I guess I don't fully understand the role of the ltib application. Can a different kernel be placed in the ltib directory and built in the same way the 2.6.10 kernel is?

Aren't changes for the m68K version of the kernel, made by Freescale, pushed back to the general kernel community (because of the GPL)?

Just asking because there's a load of drivers it would be nice to have that don't exist in the 2.6.10 kernel.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

SteveJoiner
Contributor I
I feel your pain on this one.  Based on other posts in this forum, I think there are more than a few of us who would like to see and updated BSP for this platform.  This recent post seems to indicate that there may be one in the works, but no date has been promised.

http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=CFCOMM&thread.id=3661

-Steve

0 Kudos

jkimble
Contributor III

I wonder how hard it would be? Seems like a lot of it would be duplication from the latest release. Of course you'd have to know a lot about the hooks for everthing into the upper levels of the system. I'd love to take a swing at it but I'm getting killed at work as it is....

Hopefully something will come out soon though. 2.6.10 is REALLY OLD!!

0 Kudos

JWW
Contributor V
All:

I just posted to the other thread as well. 
I'm pushing really hard to get the community an updated BSP for the 547x and 548x family.

I'll poke the Linux team again and see when we can do updates.

As I suggested in the previous thread. I think we should create a sticky thread that covers all concerns and questions on the 547x and 548x BSP.

I'll create the thread, hope that each of you will kindly contribute to help us improve the deliverables.

-JWW

0 Kudos

comio
Contributor I
Ok JWW. This is a good idea.

Thanks,

luigi
0 Kudos