AnsweredAssumed Answered

Streaming from Analog Video Input VADC using gstreamer (i.MX 6SoloX)

Question asked by Hannes Bohnengel on Feb 9, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 17, 2016 by Hannes Bohnengel

Hello,

I am using the new single board computer UDOO NEO full (UDOO Neo - UDOO) which is equipped with the i.MX 6SoloX and I would like to stream from the analog video input VADC using gstreamer (protocol not important, encoding preferably H.264). I have installed the recommended Linux distribution UDOObuntu2 (based on lubuntu 14.04 LTS armHF) and now I am struggling with the usage of gstreamer. In the UDOO Forum they say, this interface is not yet implemented, but perhaps someone of you could help me, or give me a few hints how to use gstreamer on the i.MX 6SoloX.

To my knowledge, the i.MX 6SoloX has no Hardware-Encoding-Unit (VPU?!), so is it necessary to install the gstreamer-imx package (gstreamer-imx/debian-ubuntu.md at master · Freescale/gstreamer-imx · GitHub)?

With an USB-Camera (/dev/video1) the standard v4l2src is working, but I can't show anything from the VADC (/dev/video0) with v4l2src. Do I need imxv4l2videosrc to get access to the VADC?

I already managed it to create a network stream with the USB-Camera, by using vlc. But for my project, I also should be able to implement the streaming in C at some point and therefore gstreamer provides some libraries. So at first I would like to create a network stream by using the command line with gstreamer and of course not from the USB-Camera but from the VADC.

I really need help.

Thank you very much!!

Outcomes