cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW 6.3 Targets in CW 10.6

Jump to solution
R_R_Ritchey
Contributor II

This is probably a really naive question to most but I have a project in CW 6.3 I want to port to CW 10.6.  In the old project I have two "targets" as they were called in CW 6.3.  Each target could have its own subset of files, even files with the same name but different locations.  In looking over CW 10.6 neither "Targets" or "Build Configurations" seem to be the same thing.  It seems I need two separate projects in CW 10.6 to do what CW 6.3 would do with its "targets".  Can someone tell me if I am correct in this evaluation or not?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

yes, Eclipse build configurations are the same thing. And you can configure individual file options (per configuration or exclude them from build, see Exclude Source Files from Build in Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse ). You can have files with the same name in different locations, but you might put them into separate folders, or usinig 'linked' files (see Link to Files and Folders in Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse ). To have the same file in different locations per configuration, have a look at build variables: Eclipse Build Variables | MCU on Eclipse .

There is a lot of power behind these concepts, just apply them slowly and carefully ;-)

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

yes, Eclipse build configurations are the same thing. And you can configure individual file options (per configuration or exclude them from build, see Exclude Source Files from Build in Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse ). You can have files with the same name in different locations, but you might put them into separate folders, or usinig 'linked' files (see Link to Files and Folders in Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse ). To have the same file in different locations per configuration, have a look at build variables: Eclipse Build Variables | MCU on Eclipse .

There is a lot of power behind these concepts, just apply them slowly and carefully ;-)

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
R_R_Ritchey
Contributor II

Can you point to documentation specifically about Build Configurations.  Looking through the NXP (Freescale) documentation on Codewarrior 10.6 its really dismal when it comes to saying anything about this.  Sorry I did not reply earlier, for some reason the forum did not send me an email when you answered the question.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Robert

Build Configuration is used equivalent to build target in Classic CodeWarrior. For some tips, please refer to section <7.3 Build Configuration> in FAQ Quide:

C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.6.4\MCU\Help\PDF\Microcontrollers_FAQ_Guide.pdf

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

0 Kudos
R_R_Ritchey
Contributor II

Hi,

So I am a bit confused. I guess I have 10.6.x that I installed

around June 2015.

I assumed it would be updated at this point to 10.6.4 but I am

thinking that it

was not. So I checked on the website and am wondering what is going on.

I see the 10.6.4 download and then updates 5 & 6. I am thinking I

need to download

the 10.6.4 to update my current installation and then do I need to

download both the

5 & 6 updates or just the 6 update? The information on the site does

not tell me

anything. Also, do I have to uninstall the version I have now before

installing 10.6.4?

I don't understand why this just does not all update automatically

like all the other

programs I have. I should not have to worry about going to the site

and manually

updating Codewarrior. This has been a problem from the days of

10.0. Each update

from 10.1 to 10.6 I had to install separately instead of just using

the updater.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
R_R_Ritchey
Contributor II

Hi,

OK, so this is version on my computer. Codewarrior says there are no

updates available.

CodeWarrior Development Studio for Microcontrollers V10.x FAQ Guide,

Rev. 10.6, 02/2014

Chapter 7 is Debugging. Where do I get the version you are talking about?

0 Kudos