Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPU Reset/Power under PMU control or external PMIC

Jump to solution
kaveeh
Contributor I

Hi,

there are two methods to connect the Push button for power-up sequence and top-level reset. One, by connecting the push button to the ONOFF pin of the IMX and then PMIC will power-up with the PMIc_on_REG. Other is by connecting the Push button directly to the PMIC.

Is there any significant advantage/disadvantage between these two methods?

Thanks

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Kaveh,

It really it is just an option to the implementation, but  there is no a real advantage or disadvantage one I can said  adding the push-button into the i.MX instead of the PMIC it is to implement a 3 seconds suspend, like in the laptops power button. But it is basically the same approach.

Have a great day,
Jaime

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Kaveh,

It really it is just an option to the implementation, but  there is no a real advantage or disadvantage one I can said  adding the push-button into the i.MX instead of the PMIC it is to implement a 3 seconds suspend, like in the laptops power button. But it is basically the same approach.

Have a great day,
Jaime

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos