cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File system mounting on emmc

manishraturi
Contributor I

Hi Team,

We are using T2081 as a CPU, Uboot as boot loader and vxworks 7.0 as an operating system. Our requirement is we want boot from NOR flash which will have U-boot as the boot loader.

But we want to keep our kernel which is vxworks 7.0 inside EMMC and ask U-Boot to take the kernel from the EMMC. Also we want to put some software packages inside the EMMC.

To achieve the above requirement what all is required..?

Thanks & Regards

Manish Raturi

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry, we do not have any experience with VxWorks.

Based on the information I was able to find in internet, to "take the kernel from the EMMC" you have to use fatload command. Depending on image type, if additional files are required (for example device tree file), you have to perform fatload twice. After that to boot the image from memory please use bootm command.

This is based on the information I was able to find by seaching "U-Boot vxworks MMC" keywords, for more precise suggestions please refer to VxWorks documentation and support.

Have a great day,
Alexander

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos