LS1043ARDB SDK 0.5 Image file contents unclear

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1043ARDB SDK 0.5 Image file contents unclear

donberkowitz
Contributor II

Section 2.1.4 is not clear to me as to the output produced by the various builds.  Let me ask some specific questions:

First of all, I know that a complete, bootable media (exclusive of u-boot) must contain a Linux Kernel, rootfs and device tree blob (DTB).  What is unclear to me is whether or not these three components are present in all of the builds.  For example, does a build output file with the extension rootfs.ext2.gz such as fsl-image-x11-ls1043ardb ... contain all three components?  Does it have to be unzipped on the media before it can be used?  How about the same files with extension rootfs.ext2.gz.u-boot?  Does the u-boot extension mean the file also contains u-boot and can be copied to the boot area on the target media and then the complete image is ready to boot?  How about the itb files.  I understand that they all contain the three required components.  That sounds like a much better format to use, but I don't see how you generate an .itb file through configuration - how would I create an .itb file for the x11 build?

Thanks,

Don

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at attached files. These files contain screenshot of image folder and list of images from the LS1043ARDB and LS1043AQDS SDK 0.5 documentation.

This SDK provides different file systems for itb and for the x11.

Have a great day,
Pavel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

donberkowitz
Contributor II

I don't see any attachments

0 Kudos