Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting procedure for a ZigBee network

Jump to solution
diaskuo
Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I would like to know the starting procedure for a ZigBee network by ZTC commands.

Which document can guide me to start a ZigBee network, communicate and access ZEDs by ZTC commands in order?

Just like below on page 6, Enabling Android devices to use Freescale RF4CE BlackBox for Final Applications, Rev. 0, 12/2012 (AN4641.pdf).

ZTC-WriteExtAddr.Request

RF4CE_NWK_Reset.Request

RF4CE_NWK_SetNodeCapabilities.Request

RF4CE_NLME_Start.Request

ZRCProfile_PushButtonPairOrig.Request

Best regards,

Dias

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello Dias,

First of all, I would like to clarify that ZigBee RF4CE is a different specification than ZigBee PRO. BeeStack is the NXP's stack for ZigBee PRO so please be careful while differentiating between these two stacks.

About the document that you are looking for, please take a look into the ZigBee Application User's Guide​, specially the section 8 "Creating a BeeStack BlackBox Binary" where you will create an OnOffLight and an OnOffSwitch from a BlackBox application. Since this guide only creates the network and configures the devices but there is not an application involved (i.e. A LED mapped to the OnOff state), you will need a sniffer to catch the data packets between both devices.

Best regards,

Earl.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello Dias,

First of all, I would like to clarify that ZigBee RF4CE is a different specification than ZigBee PRO. BeeStack is the NXP's stack for ZigBee PRO so please be careful while differentiating between these two stacks.

About the document that you are looking for, please take a look into the ZigBee Application User's Guide​, specially the section 8 "Creating a BeeStack BlackBox Binary" where you will create an OnOffLight and an OnOffSwitch from a BlackBox application. Since this guide only creates the network and configures the devices but there is not an application involved (i.e. A LED mapped to the OnOff state), you will need a sniffer to catch the data packets between both devices.

Best regards,

Earl.

0 Kudos