I am using TJA1051T (Can Transceiver) for transfering internal can bus signal to external interface but I want to use it in read only mode i.e. I want to use only txd pin of TJA1051T,As I dont require rxd pin for my application can I keep it open(floating

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using TJA1051T (Can Transceiver) for transfering internal can bus signal to external interface but I want to use it in read only mode i.e. I want to use only txd pin of TJA1051T,As I dont require rxd pin for my application can I keep it open(floating

vivekpatil
Contributor II

I am using TJA1051T (Can Transceiver) for transfering internal can bus signal to external interface but I want to use it in read only mode i.e. I want to use only txd pin of TJA1051T,As I dont require rxd pin for my application can I keep it open(floating),or it will cause diffrent issue?Please suggest me any solution so that I can use it in read only mode without using rxd pin.

4 Replies

vivekpatil
Contributor II

Hello Reyes,

thank u very much for your suggestion.

Regards,

Vivek

0 Kudos

vivekpatil
Contributor II

I want to use txd pin for my design I dont want to use rxd pin.So can I connect rxd pin directly to ground or any pull down resistor is require to be connected.Kindly refer the belo diagram for more understanding.

I also want to ask that for contineous CAN operation I need to connect S pin to ground.So can i connect S pin directly to ground or any pull down is require for that?Kindly let me know.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI,

I have never tested it this way, but it may work (you may need to do some tests), however, since the RXD is an output pin, I would add a capacitor (15pF capacitor for example) from this pin to GND instead of connecting it directly to GND.

About the S pin, yes you can connect it to GND if you pretend to use the device always in normal mode.

Regards,

Have a great day,
Jose

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tsurtstdean
Contributor I

From the datasheet, I understand that the TXD pin is for sending the data to output to CAN bus and RXD pin is the data out from CAN bus. So if you are reading the CAN bus data, you should read from the RXD pin.

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos