Can the opensda debugger that comes with KDS work under vmware?  i get "unable to open cmsis-dap device"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the opensda debugger that comes with KDS work under vmware?  i get "unable to open cmsis-dap device"

unclemike
Contributor III

I am trying to use kds 3.1.0 running on Win 10 running under vmware fusion 8.1.0 and macos 10.11.3.

mbed serial port drivers are not found either.

So, has anybody been able to get this working?  The rest of KDS seems to work, I can compile and build etc..  Here is the error message.

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.8.0-dev (2015-01-09-16:22)

Licensed under GNU GPL v2

For bug reports, read

http://openocd.sourceforge.net/doc/doxygen/bugs.html

Info : only one transport option; autoselect 'cmsis-dap'

Error: unable to open CMSIS-DAP device

Error: unable to init CMSIS-DAP driver

Error: Error selecting 'cmsis-dap' as transport

Runtime Error: C:/Freescale/KDS_3.0.0/openocd/bin/..//scripts/kinetis.cfg:3:

in procedure 'script'

at file "embedded:startup.tcl", line 58

in procedure 'interface' called at file "C:/Freescale/KDS_3.0.0/openocd/bin/..//scripts/kinetis.cfg", line 3

Thank you

Michael

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Michael,

Have you update the firmware ? Please refer to here to update it .

Firmware FRDM K64F - Handbook | mbed

pastedImage_1.png

And which board do you  use ?  So far , the mbed only support these chips :Platforms | mbed

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

unclemike
Contributor III

I was hoping to use two Freedom boards.  the frdm-k64f and the frdm-ke02z40m.  I see the k64f in the list at  :Platforms | mbed but not the ke02xxxx.  Is the ke02 mbed only???  I am trying to use KDS, not mbed.   Does the KDS need mbed drivers to work?

I have been programming Motorola/Freescale/nxp 6800 parts for years.  Most recently mc9s08 with codewarrior 10.6.  I thought it might be a good time to transition to kinetis parts, but i guess not.  I will be going back to my MC9S08 parts.

(I couldn't get the mac download manager to work either. wasted a lot of time on that too)

Thank you for trying to help.

Mike

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mike,

- I think you maybe misunderstand me , you said this

pastedImage_0.png

and you also said use the openocd to debug , if this is your demand , you need first download the bootloader i mentioned,

this bootloader is made by mbed.

- While there are three method to debug the two board , no matter you use which method , please first update the firmware (bootloader),

for the FRDM-K64 example , please refer to the "FRDM-K64F Freedom Development Platform -Quick Start Guide.pdf" ->  page6

to update . for example use the j-link to debug pastedImage_1.png, you can download the "JLink_OpenSDA_V2.bin" to the bootloader,

then use one usb plug in the J26 of FRDM-K64 board , it can debug directly.

pastedImage_2.png

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos

unclemike
Contributor III

Now I am having trouble with the update...

This is on a mac  El Cap 10.11.3

When I plug in the frdm-k64f the green light near the connector comes on solid

When I plug in the connector with the reset button pressed, the green led is on for about a second and then off for about  a second.

When it is blinking, I am expecting a drive named BOOTLOADER to apper in the finder, but it does not. No new drives appear.

I have not tried this on Windows yet.

Thank you for your time

Michael

0 Kudos