cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx6 MMDC Core Special Command Register

zc_tee
Contributor III

Hi all,

I am currently fine-tuning my DDR performance, and i come across this MMDC_MDSCR (1Ch offset) register which is used to issue special commands manually towards the external DDR device.

However, the information in the reference manual is not much, and it certainly did not explains the types of special command, and how to use it.

May i know where can i find the information about this Core Special Command? Any explanation on how to set the register, what is the reason and effect on setting the register would be helpful.

Thank you.

Regards,

Tee

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tee

this is used for sending special commands to ddr chip, like configuring Mode Registers.

Examples can be found in scripts for ddr tester tool

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-105652

ddr_stress_tester  folder ../script/ , for example attached MX6SL_EVK_LPDDR2_512MB_32bit_v0.9.inc:

// LPDDR2 Mode Register Writes          

//=============================================================================

setmem /32    0x021b001c =0x82018030    // MRW: BA=0 CS=0 MR_ADDR=1  MR_OP=see Register Configuration

setmem /32    0x021b001c =0x04028030    // MRW: BA=0 CS=0 MR_ADDR=2  MR_OP=see Register Configuration

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos