Having problems with KDS3.0 and KSDK1.3

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having problems with KDS3.0 and KSDK1.3

FirmEE
Contributor II

First, I tried upgrading the SDK from 1.2 to 1.3, This effort rendered my entire Design Studio inoperative.  I then did a clean install of KDS3.0, then applied the updates and then installed KSDK1.3.  I then created a quick Processor Expert project.  Project created OK, however, it had errors.  I closed  and reopen Design Studio and get the following error message.

133594_133594.pngpastedImage_0.png

How is this possible?  Any help is appreciated.

Mike B.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Michael,

it seems you do not have components for KSDK1.3 installed in KDS. You need to apply Eclipse update from KSDK 1.3 directory into KDS to enable configuration of KSDK1.3:

- main menu - Install New Software

- Add - Archive - and select C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.3.0/tools/eclipse_update/KSDK_1.3.0_Eclipse_Update.zip

- Select and confirm installation

Marek

embeddedmasters
Contributor I

Seems strange that this has to be done/found manually?  I.E. - It does not show up in the available Installs as other items do.  Would actually make a lot of sense to offer this to be installed during the KSDK1.3 install itself.  Rather confusing...I spent several hours trying to figure this out myself.

Frank

0 Kudos

jasonphilippi
Contributor III

Under Project->Properties check Resource->Linked Resources->PROJECT_KSDK_PATH and C/C++ Build_>Build Variables->PROJECT_KSDK_PATH and see if they point to the appropriate folder location. (wherever the ksdk was installed)

0 Kudos