cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time critical signals to sensors through i.mx6 q sabre lite board

sribinkr
Contributor I

Hi all,

please help me to resolve how i can give 800khz clock signal to a sensor through imx6q sabre lite board.I am using yocto dora as Os

0 Kudos
5 Replies

gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

First of all, try not to post the same question twice, can you please your other post on the same subject?

how to give time critical signals like clock to sensors

There are several options but they all depend on your exact setup:

- do you know how to connect your sensor? what communication bus is it using?

- can you share the sensor information?

- are you plugging a display to the board? LVDS or LCD? this will tell us what connectors are free to be used for your sensor

- same question about cameras?

- is 800kHz an exact clock to have or 805kHz is acceptable for instance?

Anyway, this will most likely imply to change the device tree specifically for your board.

Regards,

Gary

0 Kudos

sribinkr
Contributor I

my sensor requires 2 input signal including clock and 2 output signal.other input is a start pulse and outputs are also pulses and one output i have to give to adc.remaining i am thinking of having through gpio pins. but how to pull the gpio outputs from sabre lite board? also clock freq can varies from 1-800 khz.Also i want to interface with lcd

0 Kudos

sribinkr
Contributor I

Hii,

I want 6 GPIO pins and what all are the basic things needed to configure that and do i have to pull the wire out of imx6q sabre lite board to use that since all are occupied.

0 Kudos

gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi sribin,

You need to choose how you want to plug your sensor (J15 or J23 for instance) then you need to modify the device tree (link from Igor) accordingly.

Regards,

Gary

0 Kudos