cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codewarrior special edition for windows 7

Jump to solution
rlatimer
Contributor I

Which Codewarrior special edition - the free evaluation software - do I use for Windows 7, in your Classic IDE?

I'm downloading this version:

Special Edition: CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers (Classic, Windows hosted)

Hopefully this is the correct one to use, Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The installer is checking the type of windows OS and doesn't allow installation under 64 bit OS.

There are some tips to install it.

You can install the tool on 32 bit OS and copy installation folder under 64 bit PC.

After you need to install P&E driver update and execute the regserver.bat.

Else a client found another solution which is to correct the installer to support 64 bit OS.

Please have a look To:

Install CodeWarrior 6.3 Windows 7 & 10 x64 directly (Classic version)

This post contains all information.

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The installer is checking the type of windows OS and doesn't allow installation under 64 bit OS.

There are some tips to install it.

You can install the tool on 32 bit OS and copy installation folder under 64 bit PC.

After you need to install P&E driver update and execute the regserver.bat.

Else a client found another solution which is to correct the installer to support 64 bit OS.

Please have a look To:

Install CodeWarrior 6.3 Windows 7 & 10 x64 directly (Classic version)

This post contains all information.

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
rlatimer
Contributor I

Now I'm trying this version, the previous version in my original question is not compatible.

I'm trying this now:

Special Edition: CodeWarrior for 56800/E Digital Signal Controllers - code size limitation: 64Kb

0 Kudos