AnsweredAssumed Answered

Lcd Density adjustment and missing navigation icons on navigation bar / systemui

Question asked by Bill Butler on Jan 27, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 8, 2017 by Sun1z

System:

Mx6 - Kontron Board

Boundary Devices based on  boundary-kk4.4.2_1.0.0-ga / kk-nitrogen6x-20141007.img.gz

Screen Size 1280x800, 4.6", 320dpi

This is a follow up post related to Android MX6 Kitkat (4.4) Icon Size / Update Launcher but has veer off topic enough I thought I would start another thread.

I am trying to adjust the screen density on my device.

A little back ground.

Initially  lcd_density (LD) is set to 120 (“ro.sf.lcd_density=120”). At 120  LD android os appears believes my screen is over 12” and with only 720x1280 resolution.. results in ~100dpi screen  1280/12=100.   When checking (LPDI)..

where:

dpi.png

getResources().getDisplayMetrics().density;

This will give you:

0.75 - ldpi
1.0 - mdpi
1.5 - hdpi
2.0 - xhdpi
3.0 - xxhdpi
4.0 - xxxhdpi

enter image description here

Currently if we set the LD to anything greater than 190 then the Navigation bar(bottom bar) moves to right side but does NOT have nav buttons. I need to set LD to 320 to get Android os to agree that the screen is 320 dpi screen (return its a XHDPI  and NORMAL type (~4.6") screen.)

Here is an example

scr3.png

At this point there is no way to get back to home screen. (no hw buttons)

I need to find a solution to this problem.. Can anyone point me to what files needed to be changed to help

1) move Nave bar back to bottom

or

2) display navigation buttons back to middle of bar on right side. (home,back...)

Thanks for the help

Bill

Outcomes