Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMC tool relaunch error

Jump to solution
dmitryslezkin
Contributor II

Hello!

I'm trying to dynamically reconfigure PCD by using fmc tool where it's first launch looks like successfull (and my developed application works fine) but if I'm trying to re-use fmc, it returns the following errors:

ERR : Invocation of FMcpu8/8: ! MAJOR FM-PCD Error [CPU08, drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fman/Peripherals/FM/Pcd/fm_kg.c:3003 FM_PCD_KgSchemeSet]: Resource Already Exists; _PCD_Disable for

cpu8/8: Scheme id (0)! fm0/pcd failed cpu8/8:

with error code cpu8/8: ! MINOR FM Error [CPU08, drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fman/src/wrapper/lnxwrp_ioctls_fm.c:3274 LnxwrpFmPcdIOCTL]: Invalid Value; 0x00010013

cpu8/8: IOCTL FM PCDcpu8/8:

ERR : Invocation of FM_PCD_KgSchemeSet for fm1/port/MAC/1/dist/hash_ipsec_src_dst_spi_dist8 failed

ERR : Invocation of FM_PCD_Disable for fm0/pcd failed with error code 0x00010028

My target: T4240RDB,

SDK version: 1.8,

command sequence used:

cd /usr/etc

fmc -c usdpaa_config_t4_48g.xml -p usdpaa_policy_hash_ipv4.xml -a # it's ok

fmc -c usdpaa_config_t4_48g.xml -p usdpaa_policy_hash_ipv4.xml -a # same for example; fails with above errors

Is it wrong or the problem can be caused by some dts(dtb) errors, or something else?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dmitry Slezkin,

The FMC Tool directly configures the FMan, it passes the configuration it finds in its input files (along with compiled Soft Parser firmware) to the FMan driver which, in turn, modifies the FMan's configuration.

The FMC Tool does not support dynamic FMan configuration; you can use the tool to configure the FMan just once, typically at application initialization.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dmitry Slezkin,

The FMC Tool directly configures the FMan, it passes the configuration it finds in its input files (along with compiled Soft Parser firmware) to the FMan driver which, in turn, modifies the FMan's configuration.

The FMC Tool does not support dynamic FMan configuration; you can use the tool to configure the FMan just once, typically at application initialization.

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!