Communication with SPI slave (Kinetis MKW24D512)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication with SPI slave (Kinetis MKW24D512)

Jump to solution
diaskuo
Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie here, and my English is not very good. Sorry about that.

I have a SPI slave (Kinetis MKW24D512VHA5) connected to a MIPS host processor via SPI.

I would like to access and control the SPI slave by ZigBee Test Client (ZTC) protocol on host.

How can I drive and communicate with the SPI slave?

Does anyone have any example project on Linux host to communicate the SPI slave via SPI?

Best Regards,

Dias

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello Dias,

You need to modify some macros to configure the ZTC over SPI in a project.

First, enable the SPI interface by modifying the macros commented as /* Stub functions*/ in the PLM/Interface/SPI_Interface.h file.

Then, define the gZtcCommInterfaceType_d macro as gCfgSPIInterface_d in the ZTC/Interface/ZTCInterface.h file.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Earl.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello Dias,

You need to modify some macros to configure the ZTC over SPI in a project.

First, enable the SPI interface by modifying the macros commented as /* Stub functions*/ in the PLM/Interface/SPI_Interface.h file.

Then, define the gZtcCommInterfaceType_d macro as gCfgSPIInterface_d in the ZTC/Interface/ZTCInterface.h file.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Earl.

diaskuo
Contributor II

Hi Earl, thank you for your reply.

I found below descriptions on page 59, Chapter 5, ZTC Frame Format, BeeStack BlackBox ZigBee Test Client (ZTC), BSBBZTCRM.pdf.

All communication with the ZTC protocol can be accomplished using two interface

- A three wire UART connection (...)

- A three wire I2C connect (...)

Would you please tell me can ZTC support over SPI?

BeeKit shows a warning message window when I export my project enabled both Keyboard (KB) and SPI modules.

Do I need the KB for a ZigBee coordinator device?

An open system (no security) Wi-Fi connection flow between a wireless client and an access point (AP) is probe request (req)/response (rsp), authentication req/rsp and association req/rsp.

Where can I find a ZigBee connection flow between a coordinator and a end device?

I would like to know which ZTC commands do I need to send out from host to the coordinator to communicate with ZigBee end device via SPI?

In my case, would you please give me some examples for forming a ZigBee network and toggling a light using ZigBee technology?

Thank you for taking your time to read my questions.

Best regards,

Dias

0 Kudos
EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

This is already answered in the thread Forming a ZigBee network by ZigBee Test Client (ZTC).

Best regards,

Earl.