cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sd2 pins in uboot

Jump to solution
michaelcarrier
Contributor III

We have a custom design that is based largely on the ul6_evk. The hardware folks decided to move the boot device from SD2 (the EVK's boot device) to sd1. u-boot can no longer boot into the kernel as expected. I know I am going to have to change u-boots IOMUX pin settings to enable sd1 but for the life of me can't figure out where those changed need to occur. We are using Yocto to do the builds and as such I believe uboot source is at <basedir>/tmp/work/imx6ulevk-poky-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-imx/2015.04-r0/git.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
michaelcarrier
Contributor III

Ok, found the location and made the necessary changes to the imx6ul IOMUX. u-boot is loaded  and can load zImage and the device tree blob. The kernel is now hanging which I am sure is do to the SD card change. Anyone have a clue as to where in menuconfig I can change change the rootfs location?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
kyle2
Contributor I

michaelcarrier‌ Can you tell us which files you changed? We are experiencing the exact same problem.

0 Kudos
michaelcarrier
Contributor III

Ok, found the location and made the necessary changes to the imx6ul IOMUX. u-boot is loaded  and can load zImage and the device tree blob. The kernel is now hanging which I am sure is do to the SD card change. Anyone have a clue as to where in menuconfig I can change change the rootfs location?

0 Kudos
gbiradar
Contributor IV

check out this path -> arch/arm/include/asm/<respective architecture>/<your arch_pins.h>

0 Kudos
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I attach the BSP porting guide for your information. You can read the Chapter 2 and Chapter 4 for more details about IOMUX and SDHC porting.

0 Kudos
michaelcarrier
Contributor III

I have this guide and I understand the IOMUX and pin configurations. The problem I am having is where in the u-boot file structure are the changes to be made.

0 Kudos