cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we setup tftp server on T2080RDB?

sonp
Contributor I

Hello,

Can we setup tftp server on the T2080RDB  Board rev: 0x01 CPLD ver: 0x03?

From what I understand, there are two options:

1. use the busybox tftpd

2. include the tftp-hpa recipe for bitbake

I'm trying to do option 2.

Is the tftp-hpa the tftp client?  If so, can I use tftpd-hpa for tftp server?

How do I include this in the bitbake recipe, and how do I set it up on the T2080RDB?

Thank you,

SP

0 Kudos
3 Replies

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

tftp-hpa includes both TFTP server and client implementations. Study it's manpage to

see how to use it:

1. On the target, after you deploy it: `man 1 tftp` and `man 8 tftpd`

2. On the build host: change to the build directory, the name should be

<your_SDK_install_path>/build_t2080rdb/tmp/work/ppce5500-fsl-linux/tftp-hpa/5.2-r0/image/usr/share/man/

read raw manpages: `nroff -man tftpd.8`

See the article at the URL below on how to add a package to your rootfs:

Submit Form

Have a great day,
Platon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sonp
Contributor I

Hi Platon,

Please add details on how to deploy it on the target.

Thank you so much for responding.

SP

0 Kudos

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There are two apporaches:

1. Add the package to the root filesystem recipe, re-build and redeploy the complete filesystem image. Refer to the online document

mentioned in my previous post on how to customize the root filesystem. Image deployment instructions for your board can be found here:

Submit Form

2. Transfer binaries by hand. After building the package, the binaries can be found in

<your_SDK_install_path>/build_t2080rdb/tmp/work/ppce5500-fsl-linux/tftp-hpa/5.2-r0/image/

you have to copy all files under that directory to the target.  Any transfer method can be used: FTP, HTTP, SCP, NFS.

If you are not familiar with Linux cross-development,  the first method is probably more preferable.

0 Kudos