Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VDD_SOC_IN

Jump to solution
bomsweigh
Contributor I

Hello,

We are developing an i.MX6 SOM that is designed to have common hardware for the SOLO, Dual, and Quad processors.  We need to increase LDO_SOC to 1.225 to operate the VPU above 264MHz. Two questions have arisen,

1 - We noticed that there seems to be mention of reducing DDR jitter if LDO_SOC is 2.275V is this important?

2 - We were considering increasing the VDD_SOC_IN to 1.45V to margin the input above the drop in the internal LDO. Is this reasonable?

Thanks for your help,

Best Regards,

BW

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi BOMS

1. in general the higher the voltage level on VDDSOC_CAP,

the less jitter. If there are jitter issues, an easy fix is to raise VDDSOC_CAP.

2.  http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/data_sheet/IMX6DQCEC.pdf  Table 6. Operating Ranges footnote 4:

VDD_ARM_IN and VDD_SOC_IN must be at least 125 mV higher than the LDO Output Set Point for correct voltage regulation.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi BOMS

1. in general the higher the voltage level on VDDSOC_CAP,

the less jitter. If there are jitter issues, an easy fix is to raise VDDSOC_CAP.

2.  http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/data_sheet/IMX6DQCEC.pdf  Table 6. Operating Ranges footnote 4:

VDD_ARM_IN and VDD_SOC_IN must be at least 125 mV higher than the LDO Output Set Point for correct voltage regulation.

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
bomsweigh
Contributor I

Thank you for the quick reply. 

0 Kudos