hard-coded rcw p2041rdb custom board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hard-coded rcw p2041rdb custom board

连营张
Contributor I

hello,i am using a custom board with a p2041rdb processor on it ,but i  do not know what's this whole process through which i can finish the board's first bringup. i looked up some information and

it told me that i must use the hard-coded rcw,but my rcw_src[0:4] is a fixed value(01101,default for nor flash)on my schematic,this mean I have to modify my Schematic to support the hard-coded rcw option?I am very grateful for any suggestion.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

Yes if there is if there is no the RCW source on board then it is supposed that the hard-coded RCW can be used. The manual says: "One envisioned use of the hard-coded RCW options is to facilitate booting with enough basic functionality to allow reprogramming of a corrupted (or perhaps uninitialized) non-volatile memory device that originally contained RCW information." Hence it is good when board supports changing the rcw_src[0:4] to the hard-coded RCW.

If the JTAG/COP interface is implemented on the board then the h/w debugger also can override the RCW. You should refer to the corresponding documentation. For example if you have installed CodeWarrior then in the CW folder see PA\ Help\PDF\Targeting_PA_Processors.pdf. Where section "Using a JTAG configuration file to override RCW" says:

You can use a JTAG configuration file to override Reset Configuration Word (RCW) for a processor, such as P4080.

The JTAG configuration files are used in the following situations for:

• Target boards that do not have RCW already programmed

• New board bring-up

• Recovering boards with blank or damaged flash

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

连营张
Contributor I

ok,i know it. that's to say, to bring up my board first,now i should follow these steps below: 1. change slightly my board to support hard-coded rcw option   2.find the

suitable JTAG configuration file to override rcw for p2041. is my steps right?  in addition,i find 2 sample jtag_chain files in PA_Support\Initialization_Files\jtag_chains,respectively called p2041rdb_rcw_1000-533-1066.txt and p2041rdb_rcw_1500-750-1333.txt ,my ddr3 max data rate is 2000Hz,core frequency is 1500Hz,hence,i can use the 1500-750-1333.txt on my board ,that's right? looking forward to your reply.

0 Kudos