Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5674F core voltage generation and LVD

Jump to solution
matthiasgeipel
Contributor I

Hello,

the requirements concerning VDD generation and low voltage monitoring detection are still a little bit confusing and inconsistent in the current reference manual (Rev.7) and datasheet (Rev. 10.1).
Please help me to understand this topic by answering the following questions. I wanted to submit a Service Request, but it seems this is not possible anymore. Some questions seem to be very simple, but the documentation in older versions of the documentation is completely different.

question 1: Do you confirm, that for exiting the reset state the internally or externally generated core voltage needs to be higher than V_LVD12 x (1 + 6%) = 1.166V after power-up? This would mean that the 1.14V specified in datasheet table 14 (spec line 1) are not sufficient during power-up.

question 2: Do you confirm, that when the µC has left the reset state an internally or externally generated core voltage of 1.08V is sufficient (in case low voltage monitoring is disabled) and does not lead to any performance degradation? Refer to datasheet table 14 spec line 1a.

question 3: Do you confirm, that the reset value of PMC_TRIMR[VDDCTRIM] is 0000 and that this setting corresponds to nominal V_DD12OUT = 1.27V?

question 4: Do you confirm, that when internal regulator is used, PMC_TRIMR[VDDCTRIM] shall be set to 1100 and that this setting corresponds to nominal 1.23V?

question 5: Do you confirm, that the reset value of PMC_TRIMR[LVDCTRIM] is 1010 and corresponds to nominal V_LVD12 = 1.10V?

question 6: Do you confirm, that the PMC_TRIMR[LVDCTRIM] shall be set to 0110 (according to reference manual table 4-5) and that this setting corresponds to nominal 1.22V? (Would be unlikely.)

question 7: Do you confirm, that the PMC_TRIMR[LVDCTRIM] shall be set to 1100 (according to reference manual text of chapter 4.5.7) and that this setting corresponds to nominal 1.12V?

question 8: Do you confirm, that for the correct setting of PMC_TRIMR[LVDCTRIM] it is not relevant whether the VDD is generated internally or externally?

Thank you in advance.
Matthias

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You still can submit service request, but it is called “case” and you will find it under SALES AND SUPPORT:

pastedImage_2.png

Then you will have to sign in or register with new user account and password and then you can submit new case over following screen:

pastedImage_4.png

If you don’t want to discuss it publicly, submit new case (i.e. ticket/service request/issue).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You still can submit service request, but it is called “case” and you will find it under SALES AND SUPPORT:

pastedImage_2.png

Then you will have to sign in or register with new user account and password and then you can submit new case over following screen:

pastedImage_4.png

If you don’t want to discuss it publicly, submit new case (i.e. ticket/service request/issue).

0 Kudos