cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADC Driver function with parameter channel group

Jump to solution
Kewal
Contributor IV

I am getting confused or rather my understanding is improper about the channel group.

I have configured my project using KDS 3.0 with KSDK 1.2.0 with FSL_ADC as one of the component. I have generated the code and trying to read the data on the pin.

// Software trigger the conversion.   ADC16_DRV_ConfigConvChn(FSL_ADCONVVM, ADC16_CHN_GROUP0, &adConvVM_ChnConfig0);   // Wait for the conversion to be done.   ADC16_DRV_WaitConvDone(FSL_ADCONVVM, ADC16_CHN_GROUP0);   // Fetch the conversion value.   VoltageLevel = ADC16_DRV_GetConvValueSigned(FSL_ADCONVVM, ADC16_CHN_GROUP0);   printf("Read 12V DAC Value %d\r\n",VoltageLevel);

Now, ADC16_CHN_GROUP0 is the what I have defined as 0 assuming the ADC0 being ADC channel group 0 and ADC channel group 1 to be ADC1.

I am always getting a value of 255 when I read the data on any of the pins. Why did the generated code does not have a define for channel group. Am i using the driver functions properly.

to describe a little more on the voltage measuring input. my Vref is given 3 V and the 12V source is given to ADC0_DP0 using voltage divider and limited within 3V.

Thanks,

Kewal

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Kewal.

In the function

adc16_status_t ADC16_DRV_ConfigConvChn ( uint32_t instance, uint32_t chnGroup, const adc16_chn_config_t   configPtr )

The fisrt parameter "instance" is the ADC16 instance ID,  that is the ADC0  ADC1 ...

The seconde parameter "chnGroup" is the Selection of the configuration group, that is ADC0_A  ADC0_B .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Kewal.

In the function

adc16_status_t ADC16_DRV_ConfigConvChn ( uint32_t instance, uint32_t chnGroup, const adc16_chn_config_t   configPtr )

The fisrt parameter "instance" is the ADC16 instance ID,  that is the ADC0  ADC1 ...

The seconde parameter "chnGroup" is the Selection of the configuration group, that is ADC0_A  ADC0_B .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos