I do have a working SD card that has a newly built U-boot, .dtb files and zImage file running 3.14.52-1.1.0_ga release of the kernel and u-boot 2015.04.
I am trying to load a u-boot image on to the QSPI memory that is on the eval board.
Here is what I have done:
- Added the following line to the end of conf/local.conf file : "UBOOT_CONFIG = "qspi2" "
- Built a new u-boot.imx file by running the following command:
MACHINE=imx6sxsabresd bitbake -c deploy u-boot-imx
this is being done in the same build tree as the one used previously to build linux and the original uboot for the SD card.
- This created a new u-boot.imx file which was copied to the VFAT partition of the SD card and renamed as "m4_qspi.bin"
- booted the Eval board to the SD card and copied the m4_qspi.bin file to the QuadSPI memory as follow:
which produced the following results showing that it was successfully copied:
=> run update_m4_from_sd
SF: Detected N25Q256 with page size 256 Bytes, erase size 4 KiB, total 32 MiB
383024 bytes read in 74 ms (4.9 MiB/s)
SF: 393216 bytes @ 0x0 Erased: OK
SF: 383024 bytes @ 0x0 Written: OK
- Turned off the board and change the dip switch settings for SW10,11 and sw12 to the following :
SW10: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
SW11: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
SW12: 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0
- Turned the power on and nothing happens on the serial port.
Any Suggestions or corrections of this procedure is really appreciated.