S12G128 Internal Clamp Diodes on all Digital Pins?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S12G128 Internal Clamp Diodes on all Digital Pins?

Jump to solution
Derrick
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can someone please verify the port pins PT0 - PT7 all have internal clamping diodes to VSSX and VDDX?

I understand that this is stated in Table A-1 "Absolute Maximum Ratings" of the MC9S12G Family Reference Manual. However, I need to be absolutely sure that these diodes are in place. Please confirm.

Best Regards,

Derrick

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Derrick,

Yes, the port pins PT0 - PT7 all have internal clamping diodes to VSSX and VDDX.

I just double check it on our TWR-S12G128 board (by 5.5KOhm pull resistor to +/-12V)

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Derrick,

Yes, the port pins PT0 - PT7 all have internal clamping diodes to VSSX and VDDX.

I just double check it on our TWR-S12G128 board (by 5.5KOhm pull resistor to +/-12V)

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos