Is there any direct utility to flash the TWRK70F120M board? I mean without using CodeWarrior.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any direct utility to flash the TWRK70F120M board? I mean without using CodeWarrior.

waqarsadiq
Contributor I

Is there any utility (MS Windows/ Linux based ) to flash the Kinetis boards directly? I have an already prepared binary to download into my TWRK70F120M board and don't want to install and create projects CodeWarrior.

-WS

3 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You could use for example the Segger J-Link with the J-Link software to flash any ARM devices.

Other vendors like P&E have similar tools and utilities.

Or you could use gdb directly with a debug probe to flash your binary to the board: Command Line Programming and Debugging with GDB | MCU on Eclipse

Erich

waqarsadiq
Contributor I

All these options do require a JTAG probe.

Is there some standalone software tool which can use the on board USB (OSJTAG) connection on K70 to connect and then flash the binary image?

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Then you probably should have a look at the USBDM project (see Debug External Processors with USBDM and Freedom Board | MCU on Eclipse  and USBDM: USBDM Debugger interface for Freescale RS08,HCS08,HCS12,Coldfire and ARM-Kinetis Devices. ). It comes with standalone flash programming tools.

Erich

0 Kudos