AnsweredAssumed Answered

UBoot hang issue when i enable SerDes protocol selection to 0x00(i.e PCIe1(x4) Configuration in RCW

Question asked by nagi reddy chitta on Jan 19, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 20, 2016 by Yiping Wang

Hi All,

My Ls1020ATWR custom platform is hanging in UBoot(meaning no console prints)when i enable Serdes Protocol Selection to have PCIe1(X4) configuration in the RCW bits SRDS_PRTCL_S1[128-138].

As i do not any prints, it will be difficult to debug the issue of hang and hence  i started trying debugging Uboot using CW tool with CodeWarrior TAP as debugger, but got into some confusion while following the AN4876.pdf to create a project with uboot elf image + Initialization file which document is talking about.

I am not sure which initialization file we are suppose to select in the tool for my platform(i.e LS1020A).

I have the required Uboot binary with symbols.

Can someone throw some light here to continue debug in right direction pls?

Best Regards,

Nagi

NOTE: Preparing runqueueNOTE: Tainting hash to force rebuild of task /home/nagi/Freescale/Freescale-Linux-SDK-for-LS1021A-Rev2-v0.4-20150803-yocto/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-ls1_2014.07.bb, do_compileNOTE: Executing SetScene TasksNOTE: Executing RunQueue TasksNOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 221 tasks of which 220 didn't need to be rerun and all succeeded.[nagi@localhost build_ls1021atwr_release]$ \> ^C[nagi@localhost build_ls1021atwr_release]$

Outcomes