UBoot hang issue when i enable SerDes protocol selection to 0x00(i.e PCIe1(x4) Configuration in RCW

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UBoot hang issue when i enable SerDes protocol selection to 0x00(i.e PCIe1(x4) Configuration in RCW

nagireddychitta
Contributor III

Hi All,

My Ls1020ATWR custom platform is hanging in UBoot(meaning no console prints)when i enable Serdes Protocol Selection to have PCIe1(X4) configuration in the RCW bits SRDS_PRTCL_S1[128-138].

As i do not any prints, it will be difficult to debug the issue of hang and hence  i started trying debugging Uboot using CW tool with CodeWarrior TAP as debugger, but got into some confusion while following the AN4876.pdf to create a project with uboot elf image + Initialization file which document is talking about.

I am not sure which initialization file we are suppose to select in the tool for my platform(i.e LS1020A).

I have the required Uboot binary with symbols.

Can someone throw some light here to continue debug in right direction pls?

Best Regards,

Nagi

NOTE: Preparing runqueueNOTE: Tainting hash to force rebuild of task /home/nagi/Freescale/Freescale-Linux-SDK-for-LS1021A-Rev2-v0.4-20150803-yocto/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-ls1_2014.07.bb, do_compileNOTE: Executing SetScene TasksNOTE: Executing RunQueue TasksNOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 221 tasks of which 220 didn't need to be rerun and all succeeded.[nagi@localhost build_ls1021atwr_release]$ \> ^C[nagi@localhost build_ls1021atwr_release]$

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello nagi reddy chitta,

Regarding LS1021 u-boot debugging, please refer to this document U-Boot Debug using CodeWarrior for QorIQ LS series – ARM V7 ISA, it is more useful for you.

For debugging u-boot, no need CW initialization file, the Attach launch configuration is used. The whole u-boot build folder is needed, and you need to import the elf file to CW IDE.

For your problem, I suspect it is caused by the incorrect RCW configuration, would you please provide your RCW file.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos