AnsweredAssumed Answered

Are the iMX6D contact assignments identical for consumer/automotive/industrial versions of part?

Question asked by Ted Wolfe on Jan 19, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 20, 2016 by Yuri Muhin

We are using the MCIMX6D5EYM10AC processor (consumer, extended commercial temp range, non-lidded FCPBGA pkg, silicon rev. 1.2) on our custom board, and are thinking of changing to the MCIMX6D6AVT10AD version of the part (automotive, automotive temp range, lidded FCPBGA pkg, silicon rev. 1.3) for a future build.  Both parts use the same 21 x 21 mm, 624-ball FCPBGA package, however it is not clear to me whether the package signal contact assignments are identical for the two versions of the part. We are hoping the contact assignments are identical, so we can build additional boards with the automotive part, without having to re-layout the board to change the signal routing. I noticed that there are separate datasheets for the consumer, automotive and industrial part versions, so it makes me think the contact assignments might not be identical.  Can anyone tell me so that I don't have to manually compare the 624 contact assignments for the 2 parts?

Outcomes