Kinetis SDK with IAR EWARM using CMSIS-DAP to FRDM-K64F

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis SDK with IAR EWARM using CMSIS-DAP to FRDM-K64F

aaronledger
Contributor I

I am getting an error "Failed to load flash loader" in IAR EWARM v7.40.3.8938 when I attempt to download the sample KSDK IAR version of the Hello World example application (I've tried KSDK 1.1 and 1.3 with same result). I am using the OpenSDAv2 (CMSIS-DAP)  interface. There is not an issue with the hardware/connection/drivers as I can build the project and load it successfully using the KDS version of the example. I have investigated the project debugger settings in IAR and they appear correct.

The IAR Debug Log is as follows:

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:32:05: Loaded macro file: C:\Program Files (x86)\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 7.2\arm\config\debugger\Freescale\Kxx.dmac

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:32:05: Loaded macro file: C:\Program Files (x86)\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 7.2\arm\config\flashloader\Freescale\FlashK60Xxxx128K.mac

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:32:06: Loading the CMSIS-DAP driver

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:32:06: Unloaded macro file: C:\Program Files (x86)\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 7.2\arm\config\flashloader\Freescale\FlashK60Xxxx128K.mac

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:32:06: Failed to load flash loader: C:\Program Files (x86)\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 7.2\arm\config\flashloader\Freescale\FlashK64Fxxx128K.flash

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:32:15: Loading the CMSIS-DAP driver

Any guidance on this matter would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Aaron,

In the debugger configure view , please select the "J-LINK/J-Trace" . Even we use the OpneSDA firmware , it is open Jlink.

pastedImage_0.png

I just test it , it can work well on my side , if it still have error , please tell me .

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

aaronledger
Contributor I

Are you saying that the default mBed firmware is not supported under IAR and I need to use J-Link firmware instead?

Per this link, I would need to install a Segger firmware version to replace the mBed firmware.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Aaron,

Do you want to use the mbed firmware to debug , ok , it also be ok.

I forget the default firmware , while it doesn't matter, please first copy and past the firmware ""k20dx128_k64f_if_mbed.bin"

to the bootloader , about the detail steps you can refer to the "FRDM-K64F Freedom Development Platform -Quick Start Guide":

pastedImage_0.png

I have test the two method to debug on IAR, both are ok , if it still can not work , please show me your steps .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos