cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

android bootanimation screen

sachusanal
Contributor III

Hi all ,

I am using Android lolipop build image on IMX6qsabresdp board .

When the android image is loading after the kernel tux loading one android written bootanimation screen is loading .

I need to replace the screen.

please help me.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sachi Sanal,

Perhaps the following thread on Google's Android Building groups may be of help. There is a lot of information in similar forums. You may replace the bootanimation file with yours.

Google Groups

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos

sachusanal
Contributor III

Hai gusarambula ,

I need to chnage my android bootanimation screen , my cureent scenario is bootloader loading time one screen is showing , after that kernel loading time tux screen is shown and after that file system loading time one another screen is loading i here by attach  its video. i need to set my screen  instead of loading these screens , i am using lolipop source package for build .  i hope boot animation is one solution for this. I tried to set bootanimation as per this document  i am following these steps for setting bootanimation , but bits not working in my case.

please help me to resolve this isuue.

15 How do I customize the boot animation?

The user can create his/her own boot animation for his/her device.

The Android platform provides an easy way to replace its default boot animation by putting bootanimation.zip file into /

system/media/.

How do I generate uramdisk.img?

Android™ Frequently Asked Questions, Rev. L5.0.0_1.0.0-ga, 06/2015

10 Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.

• To create your own bootanimation .zip file, see How To Change, Customize, and Create Android Boot Animation.

• How to install the boot animation

• On the host, use ADB to download the bootanimation.zip file into the device, for example:

$ adb push ~/Downloads/bootanimation.zip /mnt/sdcard

• On the device, remount the /system to writable, and copy the file:

$ mount -t ext4 -o rw,remount /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /system

$ busybox cp /mnt/sdcard/bootanimation.zip /system/media/

$ mount -t ext4 -o ro,remount /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /system

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

For the sake of completeness, this thread is similar to the following, which is more up to date:
boot animation is not working

0 Kudos