cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

object file name misspelled during linker invocation

Jump to solution
randyburnham
Contributor I

The linker is misinterpreting one of the object file names:  fsl_flexbus_hal.o is seen by the linker as fsl_flebus_hal.o (see linker invocation capture below).  The output name from the compiler is correct and file fsl_flexbus_hal.o exists where it is supposed to be.  The input name to the linker is correct in the list of object files to link.  How do I fix this error?

16:21:08 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project 1034X08_Configuration_Module_BLT ****

make all

'Building file: ../SDK/platform/hal/src/flexbus/fsl_flexbus_hal.c'

'Invoking: Cross ARM C Compiler'

arm-none-eabi-gcc -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -O0 -fmessage-length=0 -fsigned-char -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall  -g3

MT"SDK/platform/hal/src/flexbus/fsl_flexbus_hal.o" -c -o "SDK/platform/hal/src/flexbus/fsl_flexbus_hal.o" "../SDK/platform/hal/src/flexbus/fsl_flexbus_hal.c"

'Finished building: ../SDK/platform/hal/src/flexbus/fsl_flexbus_hal.c'

' '

'Building target: 1034X08_Configuration_Module_BLT.elf'

'Invoking: Cross ARM C++ Linker'

arm-none-eabi-g++ -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -O0 -fmessage-length=0 -fsigned-char -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall  -g3

./SDK/platform/hal/src/flexbus/fsl_flexbus_hal.o

arm-none-eabi-g++: error: ./SDK/platform/hal/src/flexbus/fsl_flebus_hal.o: No such file or directory

make: *** [1034X08_Configuration_Module_BLT.elf] Error 1

16:21:11 Build Finished (took 3s.496ms)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Randy,

there is a known problem on Windows with a 8192 command line character limit. One symptom is that it cuts out some characters. See Solving the 8192 Character Command Line Limit on Windows | MCU on Eclipse  for the description and the solution.

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Randy,

there is a known problem on Windows with a 8192 command line character limit. One symptom is that it cuts out some characters. See Solving the 8192 Character Command Line Limit on Windows | MCU on Eclipse  for the description and the solution.

I hope this helps,

Erich

randyburnham
Contributor I

Thanks Erich!  That was the problem exactly!  It would be nice if NXP would provide these make tools with their distribution.

Randy

0 Kudos