AnsweredAssumed Answered

Simultaneous work of A9 and M4 in IMX6SoloX

Question asked by Aurelien Grange on Jan 13, 2016
Latest reply on May 17, 2017 by Yuri Muhin

Hello everybody,

Before starting a new design with an IMX6SoloX, I would like to know how to exchange around 10Ko between M4 and A9.

I want to use the M4 for real-time operation (1ms) and the A9 to do computation and HMI (Web Server, LCD, …).

I have planned to put Linux on an SD card and then running it on the DDR and using a quad SPI Flash for running FreeRTOS.

Does someone has test communication between A9 (Linux) and M4 (MQX or FreeRTOS) (for more than few octets)?

I will use precise location in DDR to exchange data (as a shared memory). But what will happen if the M4 try to write data in DDR in the same time that Linux is running in?

• Does it create latency or does writing operation will be canceled?
  • Is there a hardware way to do this or should I use interrupts to prevent the other core that data exchange is in progress? I have not found information (or not understand) about RDC and precise state in case of collision occurs.

I also have a question about the simultaneous use of two different peripheral simultaneously.

I see in the reference manual that SPBA allow only one master to access the required peripheral.

But what’s happening for the other (does it create an interrupt, a wait state,…)?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Outcomes