I would like to debug the M4 core with IAR while yocto, fido release, is running in the A9 core.
Unfortunately if I stop the M4 core with IAR the A9 core stops too.
I'm using a sabre board + IAR + I-jet
What I did:
1) I created a simple application with IAR for M4
and I generated the binary (called M4.bin) .
2) for the A9 I built the yocto sd card and as device-tree I used the imx6sx-sabreauto-m4.dts
I loaded the M4.bin in the sd card together the uImage file.
3) I booted the sabre with the sd card
4) In the u-boot console, I loaded the M4.bin file and I started the M4 core
a) fatload mmc 0:1 0x78000000 M4.bin;
b) bootaux 0x78000000
5) I loaded linux
6) Finally I attached IAR to the M4 core and it works, now I can debug the M4 software.
There is only one big problem: When I stop the M4 core the A9 core stops too, when I resume the M4 core the A9 core resume too.
If I used IAR to debug both cores (without linux on A9 but with a program made by IAR) I can stop/resume the cores independently.
Anyone can help me?