cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 onoff interrupt handler

Jump to solution
johngriswold
Contributor II

I need to trap the interrupt generated when the onoff signal is grounded for 750+mS to kick off a proper Linux shutdown. Currently we don't field that interrupt, and customer behavior resorts to holding the button down until the iMX shuts down, but of course they then complain about corrupt files...

I'm also trying to follow Rule #1 in writing Linux device drivers, which is "Never write a Linux device driver", but I'm not having much luck in finding an example. I did find Question #431478 that pointed to an example that was being uploaded to Gitorious, but that seems to be its constant state.

While I have in the dark, distant past written device drivers for Linux, they were not based on the Device Tree, so I have a bit of a learning curve, as well.

Is there someone who could point me in the proper direction?

Thanks  very much in advance,

John

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I found noted patch here:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/9/12/160

Have a great day,

Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I found noted patch here:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/9/12/160

Have a great day,

Victor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

johngriswold
Contributor II

Thank you very much. This looks like a good leg up on the problem.

0 Kudos