cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX28 WIFI WL1831 SD/MMC transaction hangs

bdp42
Contributor IV

Hi,

We have an iMX28-based custom platform running Freescale Linux 2.6.35 kernel. The board includes a TI WL1831 WiFi module using SD interface to the processor. We are using the WL18xx driver R8.4. We are seeing a basic SD/MMC issue when the wifi modules are loaded. The driver hangs and the problem occurs in the kernel mxs-mmc driver when sending a command. The driver starts the transaction and polls a number of BUSY bits waiting for the transaction to complete. The BUSY bits never get cleared and so the driver hangs. It looks like the command and response are OK on the wire.

This happens every time but not always in the same place. A delay before each SD read and write causes the problem to go away so it looks like there is some kind of timing issue here. I've tried this at a number of different SD clock rates 400K, 25MHz. and 50Mhz. , which are supported by the WiFi module, but the problem remains the same.

I've looked around but have not seen any obvious issues relating  to the iMX28 SD controller or the WiFi module.

Has anyone seen this kind of issue before or know of something that could be causing it?

Thanks,

Bruno

0 Kudos
3 Replies

bdp42
Contributor IV

One other piece of information is that the CLK line stops and stays high when the error occurs. Normally the CLK line is low, gets clocked during the transaction and then returns low at the end.

Bruno

0 Kudos

jackgrozev
Contributor I

Hi Bruno,

Have you guys resolved the issue? We also have a custom iMX28 platform running kernel 2.6.35 and are looking at using the WL1832 module.

Thank you.

Cheers:

Jack.

0 Kudos

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Have you tested it in one of the NXP boards like the imx28evk? That would help narrow down the problem and discard a hardware problem.

Best Regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos