Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiwave 6.1 crash on Windows 7

Jump to solution
alessandro_sera
Contributor I

Hello,

Hiwave 6.1 crashs when a step-by-step execution is requested inside a function which is launched by an ISR (a 2 ms periodic ISR is used to schedule some tasks).

Debugging these routines is impossible if I can't step into!

thank you for your help!

MCU : MC9S12G240

Operative sistem: Windows 7

These the details of the crash:

Firma problema:

Nome evento problema:    APPCRASH

Nome applicazione:    hiwave.exe

Versione applicazione:    6.1.44.10221

Timestamp applicazione:    4c6149ce

Nome modulo con errori:    msvcrt.dll

Versione modulo con errori:    7.0.7601.17744

Timestamp modulo con errori:    4eeaf722

Codice eccezione:    c0000005

Offset eccezione:    0002dc97

Versione SO:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

ID impostazioni locali:    1040

Informazioni aggiuntive 1:    20cb

Ulteriori informazioni 2:    20cba655bdb47ca2f1c2b0d778505346

Ulteriori informazioni 3:    b96f

Ulteriori informazioni 4:    b96f01fed0fdf83742e9a6043522ed4d

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Alessandro Serafini,

from your post your hiwave should be from CW5.1 package, which can support 64bit win7.

I ever have customer met CW crash problem on win7. he solved the problem in this way:

-       Right click IDE.exe in the \bin folder.

-       Select “Properties”

-       Select “Compatibility”

-       Select “Change settings for all users”

-       Select “Run this program in compatibility mode for”

-       Select “Windows 7” from pull down menu

-       Select “Disable visual themes” & “Disable desktop composition” &” Disable display scaling on high DPI settings”.

-       Do NOT select  “Run in 256 colors” & “Run in 640x480 screen resolution”.

-       Hit OK.

can you please try it too?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Alessandro Serafini,

from your post your hiwave should be from CW5.1 package, which can support 64bit win7.

I ever have customer met CW crash problem on win7. he solved the problem in this way:

-       Right click IDE.exe in the \bin folder.

-       Select “Properties”

-       Select “Compatibility”

-       Select “Change settings for all users”

-       Select “Run this program in compatibility mode for”

-       Select “Windows 7” from pull down menu

-       Select “Disable visual themes” & “Disable desktop composition” &” Disable display scaling on high DPI settings”.

-       Do NOT select  “Run in 256 colors” & “Run in 640x480 screen resolution”.

-       Hit OK.

can you please try it too?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
alessandro_sera
Contributor I

Hello Jennie,

first of all thank you for your helop!

I use CW5.1.

following the information on the CW5.1

On your answer on the forum you suggest to select compatibility to Windows Vista. Do you mean Windows 7, right? At the moment seems work OK, I’ll make some checks than I’ll give you the positive answer to the forum.

On my question to the forum I reported the screenshot of the crash (sorry for description in Italian).

Best regards!

Alessandro

Zadi Spa

Alessandro Serafini

HS Engineer

Phone: +39 059 6323111

Fax: +39 059 6323298

E-mail: <mailto:alessandro.serafini@zadi.com> alessandro.serafini@zadi.com

Le informazioni contenute in questa comunicazione e gli eventuali documenti allegati hanno carattere confidenziale, sono tutelate dal segreto professionale e sono ad uso esclusivo del destinatario. Nel caso questa comunicazione Vi sia pervenuta per errore, Vi informiamo che la sua diffusione e riproduzione è contraria alla legge e preghiamo di darci prontamente avviso e di cancellare quanto ricevuto. Grazie.

This e-mail message and any files transmitted with it are subject to attorney-client privilege and contain confidential information intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use or distribution of this e-mail is strictly prohibited: please notify the sender and delete the original message. Thank you

Da: ZhangJennie

Inviato: giovedì 14 gennaio 2016 08:42

A: Alessandro Serafini <alessandro.serafini@zadi.com>

Oggetto: Re: - Hiwave 6.1 crash on Windows 7

<http://jiveon.jivesoftware.com/mpss/c/-AA/PDcDAA/t.1tt/i0C_bbziRNiTpqJMOEDNiQ/h0/eqhG5v9o4WV1pCmWaB03cUjBPgRj-2F3GoJUaXSZ409bQJ6kyiZ2Cef2qt-2B2uYN1YnWHaJNGi7m0dsLcrT7D0aEsRC9ydi8bGmPSoTrNqropzOzEJWlRcWGPjR3DG2V-2Fd9JgazgrYhAttaPsLKIUR-2FzQ-3D-3D> NXP Community

reply from ZhangJennie <http://jiveon.jivesoftware.com/mpss/c/-AA/PDcDAA/t.1tt/i0C_bbziRNiTpqJMOEDNiQ/h1/eqhG5v9o4WV1pCmWaB03cUjBPgRj-2F3GoJUaXSZ409bTuA0ocwt5VQBPvrZ0tSaGYjDWuKJVj0d0rHTz7WLwU2bRpoUFCZp0KGFEP3QCt5Zs-3D> in CodeWarrior for MCU - View the full discussion <http://jiveon.jivesoftware.com/mpss/c/-AA/PDcDAA/t.1tt/i0C_bbziRNiTpqJMOEDNiQ/h2/eqhG5v9o4WV1pCmWaB03cUjBPgRj-2F3GoJUaXSZ409bT2TLVfogSPI90FMZxxFFwErQ3ZRR3VzBRVSfxeX-2FUpL05lRBF3C9p9hE1b-2F2zu-2FDY-3D>

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi Alessandro,

yes, I mean windows7.

the solution is the same for vista and windows7 . I will correct it in my original reply right now. thanks.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos
alessandro_sera
Contributor I

Hello Jennie,

Your answer is correct. Thank you!

I ‘m sorry but I’m confirmed as right answer my second post.

May you change on the forum and delete the right answer?

Thank you!

Zadi Spa

Alessandro Serafini

HS Engineer

Le informazioni contenute in questa comunicazione e gli eventuali documenti allegati hanno carattere confidenziale, sono tutelate dal segreto professionale e sono ad uso esclusivo del destinatario. Nel caso questa comunicazione Vi sia pervenuta per errore, Vi informiamo che la sua diffusione e riproduzione è contraria alla legge e preghiamo di darci prontamente avviso e di cancellare quanto ricevuto. Grazie.

This e-mail message and any files transmitted with it are subject to attorney-client privilege and contain confidential information intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use or distribution of this e-mail is strictly prohibited: please notify the sender and delete the original message. Thank you

Inviato: giovedì 14 gennaio 2016 11:05

<http://jiveon.jivesoftware.com/mpss/c/9AA/PDcDAA/t.1tt/akX6iIY-Tg-ZqL6-m9rqNA/h0/eqhG5v9o4WV1pCmWaB03cUjBPgRj-2F3GoJUaXSZ409bQJ6kyiZ2Cef2qt-2B2uYN1YnWHaJNGi7m0dsLcrT7D0aEsRC9ydi8bGmPSoTrNqropzOzEJWlRcWGPjR3DG2V-2Fd9JgazgrYhAttaPsLKIUR-2FzQ-3D-3D> NXP Community

reply from ZhangJennie <http://jiveon.jivesoftware.com/mpss/c/9AA/PDcDAA/t.1tt/akX6iIY-Tg-ZqL6-m9rqNA/h1/eqhG5v9o4WV1pCmWaB03cUjBPgRj-2F3GoJUaXSZ409bTuA0ocwt5VQBPvrZ0tSaGYjDWuKJVj0d0rHTz7WLwU2bRpoUFCZp0KGFEP3QCt5Zs-3D> in CodeWarrior for MCU - View the full discussion <http://jiveon.jivesoftware.com/mpss/c/9AA/PDcDAA/t.1tt/akX6iIY-Tg-ZqL6-m9rqNA/h2/eqhG5v9o4WV1pCmWaB03cUjBPgRj-2F3GoJUaXSZ409bQ4puxYsxmn-2Fcqs7d5L8-2FfhORg3f8KrT0DUeAE2-2B1R4NiLbs4bQarYKHYLCVYrV-2BXY-3D>

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alessandro Serafini,

It's done.

Thanks!

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos
alessandro_sera
Contributor I

Hi Jennie,

thank you very much!

Best regards

Zadi Spa

Alessandro Serafini

HS Engineer

Inviato: venerdì 15 gennaio 2016 10:53

<http://jiveon.jivesoftware.com/mpss/c/9AA/PDcDAA/t.1tu/_4mb045oQV2xQJTYcMuzfA/h0/eqhG5v9o4WV1pCmWaB03cUjBPgRj-2F3GoJUaXSZ409bQJ6kyiZ2Cef2qt-2B2uYN1YnWHaJNGi7m0dsLcrT7D0aEsRC9ydi8bGmPSoTrNqropzOzEJWlRcWGPjR3DG2V-2Fd9JgazgrYhAttaPsLKIUR-2FzQ-3D-3D> NXP Community

reply from ZhangJennie <http://jiveon.jivesoftware.com/mpss/c/9AA/PDcDAA/t.1tu/_4mb045oQV2xQJTYcMuzfA/h1/eqhG5v9o4WV1pCmWaB03cUjBPgRj-2F3GoJUaXSZ409bTuA0ocwt5VQBPvrZ0tSaGYjDWuKJVj0d0rHTz7WLwU2bRpoUFCZp0KGFEP3QCt5Zs-3D> in CodeWarrior for MCU - View the full discussion <http://jiveon.jivesoftware.com/mpss/c/9AA/PDcDAA/t.1tu/_4mb045oQV2xQJTYcMuzfA/h2/eqhG5v9o4WV1pCmWaB03cUjBPgRj-2F3GoJUaXSZ409bSHuwY5qUN2hb7bCAnemU0EDWt20WWK8U9bFdcg8XMmEN9vKhOoJh8B6ChaLWZ7ykY-3D>

0 Kudos