imx6dl nand boot fail error code

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6dl nand boot fail error code

mtbrewster
Contributor I

We have a custom board with an imx6dl processor that we are trying to boot from NAND. The boot fails and returns to the usb serial downloader. Is there any information, like in the log buffer, that we can read with the jtag to indicate what failed?

We have programmed u-boot, kernel, dtb, and fs with using mfg tool.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Have You tested the memory ?

i.MX6/7 DDR Stress Test Tool V2.40

Also, please let me know Your e-mail or create request, so that I can send You boot utility

to get some basic information to help diagnose a boot  issue.

To create request :

1)    Please open www.nxp.com

2)    On the top level menu, select Support > Sales and Support (http://www.nxp.com/support/sales-and-support:SUPPORTHOME).

3)    On the bottom of the page, select Hardware & Software.

4)    Register with your business email to access the technical NXP online support.

5)    A verification email will be sent to your account. Click the embedded link to verify your access.

6)    On the NXP online support page, select Contact Support from the top menu and click “submit a new case” to start the process.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mtbrewster
Contributor I

Hi Yuri,

I filled out a support request but here also is my email: mbrewster@vpieng.com.

I have not run the stress test. I will look into that today. I have downloaded uboot, kernel, dtb, rootfs via mfg tool, rebooted and downloaded uboot via mfgtool and then booted linux using the NAND flash. Linux comes up and I can log in. I have just done a few minimal things like poke around the file system and dump some nand pages.

0 Kudos