Interrupt not working in UART after power up

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interrupt not working in UART after power up

ddpd
Contributor III

I have written a simple application in freescale kinetis TRK-KEA128 MCU for UART loop back.

I have enabled receive interrupt and in the ISR i will transmit back the recieved char.

I am using Putty to test the behaviour. Everything works fine until I switch off the board.

Later when I switch on and transmit a character via Putty, no data is written back to the Putty terminal.

What could be the reason behind it?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dino,

Download the project again , does it can work well ?

I think you can send your project to me , i will test and check it on my side .

BR

ALice

0 Kudos

ddpd
Contributor III

It got resolved when I created a new project. But I don't understand what was the problem with my previous project even though it was working until I switch off the device.

But still I have one more problem. Currently I am using code warrior 10.6.

I am supposed to work on Kinetis Design Studio since my serial application is dependent on Linux machine.

Could you please provide a working KDS project??

Thanks

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dino,

Sorry i have not the Linux system , so i can not create one project to you.

While there is TRK-KEA128 demo , it include UART demo , you can simple

create one project on KDS , then copy the file into your project .Please see

the attachment .

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos

ddpd
Contributor III

The reason is KDS doesn't support the board TRK-KEA128 instead it only supports the SKEAZ128xxxx4 processor.

Also I tried importing/converting the Code warrior project to KDS project but was unsuccessful.

Even KSDK support is not available for TRK-KEA128..Could you please direct this question or should I create another blog?

Also I need to set the UART baud rate to 115200. I tried the changing the BDL & BDH  values, but the values seems to be uncorrect.

For 115200, I  assigned BDL= 7 and BDH = 0.. Some of the characters displayed in putty is not correct???

By default the baudrate was 9600, BDL = 128 and BDH = 0.. All characters display correctly. Could you please explain the logic/theory of setting the BDH and BDL for correct values?

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello David,

(1) On KDS, when you create project for your board , you can select the chip of SKEAZ128xxxx4,

this is the chip of your board .  And yes, the ksdk doesn't support this chip, while , you can select

the Processor Expert(PE) when you create project , also can create bare board project (without PE).

pastedImage_0.png

(2) About the UART baud rate ,  i don't know what the value of other register about it , so you can refer to

the formula to calculate :

pastedImage_1.png

or if you create one PE project , you can directly configure the baud rate on the UART

component view:

pastedImage_2.png

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos